SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Justin Case Tactical Knives
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Justin Case Tactical Knives Login/Join 
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
This forum is constantly costing me moolah...

Me too.
I have zero need for another knife but saw this a few days ago and ordered a Nessmuk. Arrived today and haven't had time to give it a good going over but impressed so far. The workmanship if the blade and handle are exceptional, especially for a Made in US and at this price. The only minor critique is the makers mark is kind of light and hard to read but for me that doesn't matter at all.
I'm a user, not a collector. The knife itself feels great and is by far the best value out there.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:

Me too.
I have zero need for another knife but saw this a few days ago and ordered a Nessmuk. Arrived today and haven't had time to give it a good going over but impressed so far. The workmanship if the blade and handle are exceptional, especially for a Made in US and at this price. The only minor critique is the makers mark is kind of light and hard to read but for me that doesn't matter at all.
I'm a user, not a collector. The knife itself feels great and is by far the best value out there.

Ordered the same this morning. Smile

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
There seems to be a preference for the M2. May I ask what is the attraction over the M1?

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRMATT:
There seems to be a preference for the M2. May I ask what is the attraction over the M1?

I chose it because I liked the curved grip more than the straight one on the M1. Will see if it matches expectation. Wink

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I liked the look of the grip and now that I have one, it feels better to me too.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
"Please tell me" this is not the same Oerla Chinese knife rebranded as the M1.
https://www.amazon.com/Oerla-T...YTRX#customerReviews

Also this one is a ringer for The TENASI I was thinking of buying.
++LINK++

Posts: 4403 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Boy they sure look alike

Posts: 383 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: March 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Daniel I think you got some explaining to do.

Posts: 383 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: March 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
The description mentions a retired veteran that helped design the knife.
Could be the same design, different manufacturer.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
The description mentions a retired veteran that helped design the knife.
Could be the same design, different manufacturer.

Copied from a reply in the classified section.

quote:
Originally posted by whododat:
Excellent. Sold out for now but I will keep an eye out. Does he have a shop in East TN?
I would love to stop by. quote.

He does not have a shop anymore. The knives are made in a machine shop in Georgia as he outgrew his basement. If you’re ever near Bradley County, send him a message on his Facebook page to meet up or look for him at local vendor tent events.

Daniel
Cleveland, TN

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1363 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of airborne19822003
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fla. Jim:
"Please tell me" this is not the same Oerla Chinese knife rebranded as the M1.
https://www.amazon.com/Oerla-T...YTRX#customerReviews

Also this one is a ringer for The TENASI I was thinking of buying.
++LINK++

I can tell you 100% that it is the same design but a completely different manufacturer. The Justin Case Tactical knives are made in Georgia. The M-2 cannot be found because it hasn’t been copied and made with a cheap process and cheap materials… YET.

Knife patents for small companies are notoriously difficult to get. And the Chinese don’t care about the American patent.

The Tenasi does have a similar handle but the blade looks pretty different in the Chinese version. I have no doubt they’ll copy it too.

Good eye, but the materials and manufacture process is 100% American. I have known the owner of Justin Case for a little while now and he’s a man of integrity. Reach out to him and I think he’d would talk with you about any concerns.

Also…I talked to him tonight.

Keep an eye out… I think free shipping is coming back!!!

Daniel
Cleveland, TN

Posts: 793 | Location: Cleveland, TN | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of airborne19822003
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 126911:
Daniel I think you got some explaining to do.

You’re right… they look alike… but they are not alike… Dave Jones named Justin Case Tactical after his son. He is an Air Force veteran and long time law officer. No deceit on his part. I assure you.

Daniel
Cleveland, TN

Posts: 793 | Location: Cleveland, TN | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
Thanks for setting the record straight. I frankly was astonished at the similarities. But I take you at your word.

Posts: 4403 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thank you for clearing this up as well. I’m satisfied and actually will order one.

posted Hide Post
No more knives for me. After all the postings I have the ESSEE 3, 4,5,6. Now I have the Nesmuk 2 due in, in a few days. I promise, no more knives.

Posts: 102 | Location: Kalifornia | Registered: September 17, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Not sure how I missed this thread but I am now waiting on my M2 to arrive. I need another knife like I need another scar from playing with knives, but this send like a great deal and impossible to pass up.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I just received my M2 in the mail yesterday. I didn’t think I needed another knife but this one arrived yesterday. I keep telling myself I do not have a problem. This is a very well built knife and a great value on the market. The owner sent a nice thank you email, which was a nice touch.

Posts: 2934 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
Made in America my ass! That's some BS. the owner is so proud of his work that he isnt listed on the site. No phone or address. Only a gmail email for contact. and a 20 section terms of use.

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin101:

Made in America my ass! That's some BS. the owner is so proud of his work that he isnt listed on the site. No phone or address. Only a gmail email for contact. and a 20 section terms of use.
Do you think that this is deliberate obfuscation?

My money is on a piss-poor website that was just thrown together, either by the owner of the business, or by the low-bid "web designer."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30547 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin101:

Do you think that this is deliberate obfuscation?

My money is on a piss-poor website that was just thrown together, either by the owner of the business, or by the low-bid "web designer."

I would say yes. I mean the site started out making wood gun concealment furniture and now Im supposed to believe that he designs and produced his own knives. Other than one picture. He doesn't even maintain that they are made in the USA. Seems he is attempting to make it look like they are though.

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post