SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Justin Case Tactical Knives
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Justin Case Tactical Knives Login/Join 
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin101:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

Made in America my ass! That's some BS. the owner is so proud of his work that he isnt listed on the site. No phone or address. Only a gmail email for contact. and a 20 section terms of use.
Do you think that this is deliberate obfuscation?

My money is on a piss-poor website that was just thrown together, either by the owner of the business, or by the low-bid "web designer."

I would say yes. I mean the site started out making wood gun concealment furniture and now Im supposed to believe that he designs and produced his own knives. Other than one picture. He doesn't even maintain that they are made in the USA. Seems he is attempting to make it look like they are though.

They show USA on the box and throughout the web page. Near the bottom of the page to the left of some pictures it says, among other things, "Proudly Made in the USA."
FWIW

Posts: 9439 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of airborne19822003
posted Hide Post
quote:
Made in America my ass! That's some BS. the owner is so proud of his work that he isnt listed on the site. No phone or address. Only a gmail email for contact. and a 20 section terms of use.

Sorry you feel this way. I know, personally, that the Justin Case Tactical Knives are made in the great state of Georgia. But as always, you don’t have to buy one. I am happy with my purchase.

Daniel
Cleveland, TN

Posts: 793 | Location: Cleveland, TN | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:

None of that is a red flag to me. I’ve bought a lot of knives from small dealers and custom makers and this website is pretty advanced compared to some others I know. Hell there are a couple guys who don’t even have sites and sell pretty much through word of mouth and social media. I can think of several custom leather guys who are the same.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Sorry you feel this way. I know, personally, that the Justin Case Tactical Knives are made in the great state of Georgia. But as always, you don’t have to buy one. I am happy with my purchase.[/QUOTE]

Maybe some photos of them being made in the factory would jazz up the website and give some reassurance.

Posts: 9439 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
I will refrain from any further comment. people can make up their own minds.

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I've communicated electronically with him, no phone number on a web page seems to be the norm these days, find Ebay, Amazon, et al customer service numbers, buried deep on their pages.

Knife, box, card all say made in USA, would like to think they are. Still a nice knife.

Posts: 23207 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So I like my M-2 a lot but a belt carry just didn’t fit with my EDC setup. Rich over at Outrider Leather, in my hometown, took care of me though… also made in America.

Check this out! He doesn’t have a website but he is on Facebook at Outrider Leather

Daniel
Cleveland, TN

Posts: 793 | Location: Cleveland, TN | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I like that, he did a great job...

Posts: 23207 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
*****My concerns have been addressed by the manufacturer in a below post. Based on those responses I am a satisfied customer*****

Got mine yesterday.

The knife seems very nice. It’s sharp, not so razor sharp that it warrants the warning that came with it but still sharp. I love the feel of the knife and the size. It’s got a very nice weight to it balances nice in my hand.

I’m often let down by the sheath that comes with knives and this is no exception. In fact it concerns me a little based on the accusations that this is simply a rebranded Chicom knife. Many of the comments on the Amazon page refer to the very cheap sheath and knock-off Tek-Lok. This is absolutely a knock-off Tek-Lok and the kydex on the sheath is really thin. The sheath is probably fine but I don’t trust that fake Tek-Lok to keep the sheath on my belt.

Anyway it certainly lends credence to the accusations. I’m surprised that a true US made knife company that is proud of being a US made company would use a likely Chinese copy of a US patented product, especially with the earlier complaints about the Chinese ripping off patents. I’d be very interested to hear an explanation for why that decision was made.

ETA: Further causing a little concern is the comment that alludes towards the Chinese having ripped off the M-1 because they don’t respect patents. That knife has been selling for a couple years on Amazon. How did they rip off a design of a supposedly new knife?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Pale Horse,

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
ETA: Further causing a little concern is the comment that alludes towards the Chinese having ripped off the M-1 because they don’t respect patents. That knife has been selling for a couple years on Amazon. How did they rip off a design of a supposedly new knife?

I am also skeptical for these reasons. Of all the knife designs in the world the Chinese identified this small new manufacturer in Georgia to copy? Also while not really conclusive, I did a very quick search of the Georgia and Tennessee business records and find no corporate registration or business license under the name Justin Case Tactical as a company or as a dba.

That said I do like the M2 I ordered.

Posts: 546 | Location: S Fla / Western NC High Country | Registered: May 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was surprised it came with any sheath at this price point.

I like mine.

I respect the feedback. From what I understand they are a very new business and I would guess the if they have filed any articles declaring the LLC it will take several months to show up on the state website.

I like mine. Very happy with this very affordable knife. If I had a Rockwell hardness tester then I would test it to see if it’s online with American steels versus the cheaper manufactured steels of China.

Daniel
Cleveland, TN

posted Hide Post
Pale Horse,

I got a quick reply from the owner. The sheaths are contracted through aid and aim out of Boston Mass. They are less than half the price of Tek-Lok sheaths and perform well for their price point. He pointed out that he has never advertised as Tek-Lok… which I found to be true as far as I could find on his website.

I love the customer service of a veteran owned company. I have yet to have a question go unanswered from Dave.

His goal is to have a knife made from high quality material in the USA with a price point of under $100.

I’m satisfied. For those of you who want premiums, big brand, names… I suspect you will pay much more than these knives go for.

Like I said before… I like these.

Daniel
Cleveland, TN

Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
*****My concerns have been addressed by the manufacturer in a below post. Based on those responses I am a satisfied customer*****

quote:
Originally posted by airborne19822003:
Pale Horse,

I got a quick reply from the owner. The sheaths are contracted through aid and aim out of Boston Mass. They are less than half the price of Tek-Lok sheaths and perform well for their price point. He pointed out that he has never advertised as Tek-Lok… which I found to be true as far as I could find on his website.

I love the customer service of a veteran owned company. I have yet to have a question go unanswered from Dave.

His goal is to have a knife made from high quality material in the USA with a price point of under $100.

I’m satisfied. For those of you who want premiums, big brand, names… I suspect you will pay much more than these knives go for.

Like I said before… I like these.

Nobody is claiming they want big brand knives. I love custom, small knife makers and haven’t bought a “big brand” knife other than ESEE in years. Which by the way you can still get an ESEE-3 for under $100 and the whole thing is made in America, including the sheath which is rock solid.

No, he never advertised it as a tek-lok. That doesn’t mean I’m happy getting what is most likely a cheap Chinese copy of a US designed product.

The knife may be legit made in the USA, and of his own design. But as long as he provides a rip-off of someone else’s patented design with it, I’m out. He can charge 5 bucks more and provide a real Tek-lok and still be well under $100.

Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I bought and received a M-2.
I ordered it just before the China controversy posts went up.If I had read them before I ordered I would have held back on my order.
I like the knife and find the sheath to be satisfactory.
After reading the posts on this thread I will NOT buy another.I do believe it is a Chinese knock off. Way too many warning flags.

Posts: 4604 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Airborne - if everything is as legit as you say, it should be fairly easy to post verifiable information to confirm these are made in Georgia, your friend is a veteran, this is his own design, etc. and put to rest all the questions and concerns that have been raised raised. And help your friend sell more of his knives. But so far all I have seen you do instead is repeatedly tout the product, vouch for the manufacturing and the seller and make what frankly is a highly improbable claim that the identical Chinese knife that been on Amazon for a couple of years is a knock off of your friends brand new company's brand new design. It doesn't require a Rockwell hardness tester.

Posts: 546 | Location: S Fla / Western NC High Country | Registered: May 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello everyone, Dave at Justin Case Tactical here. I normally don't post or get involved in or post in forums, but in the past week I’ve received an abundance of emails and questions referring to this thread rather than inquiring about our products. We are always available for contact via email for any questions or concerns about our knives. So, I signed up and I’m honored to be here! I’ll try to make this quick and address the concerns that have popped up in the thread. Legitimate concerns that I would probably also have if I were on the buying end of the situation. First of all, I would like to thank all who have shown much support for my small business and those who have been satisfied with our knives, you guys are great! I would like to start off with a few facts about myself and my company. Fact, I am a veteran of the U.S. Air Force (that seems to have come into question in an earlier comment). Fact, I also have a Machinist background, during which time I began making (playing around with really) knives throughout the years. Fact, I am a full time LEO and run Justin Case Tactical in my spare time. I think that many in this forum are under the impression that we’re this huge company, that’s not the case. I started making knives (to sell) in early 2016. At first, it was only a hobby and I enjoyed doing it. I made knives for friends and family, usually just a few per week. The designs were good and people loved them, but the steel quality wasn’t really up to par…mainly because I couldn’t seem to master the heat treat process. A friend approached me and convinced me that I needed to make knives and sell them on eBay. So, that’s where it all really started….eBay. I needed to find a shop that specialized in blade manufacturing and who would be willing to process small orders. Easier said than done, let me tell ya! Finally, through a blade smith friend who had been in the business awhile, I was introduced to a man and the company in GA who currently manufacture our knives, along with a few other knife companies. Because this company manufactures for other brands/companies, we have a non disclosure agreement in place to protect everyone’s interest. I had seen a comment above referring to posting pictures of the manufacturing process for “proof of origin”, I can’t do that without consent from the manufacturer and ALL companies who are customers of the manufacturer, sorry. Now, at that time I had several knife designs, but for production, the manufacturing cost were just not feasible. I was presented with knife plans that required cost efficient steel, less expensive scales, (and the best part) it was an open design available on the web. We used that design as a test to see if this whole concept of “side business” knives would even take off. That knife later came to be known as the M-1, although we sold them on eBay and at vendor events for a couple of years without any name or model number attached to it at all, but regardless, the M-1 was a big hit so we kept producing it. The names and model numbers came later when we started talks of launching our website. By the way, I don’t have a phone number listed on my website because I work a full time job outside of the JCT business (I know that was mentioned also so I felt that I needed to address it). All JCT knives that came after the M-1 are 100% my design. Speaking of the website, I think it isn’t half bad for being built by a guy who isn’t a website designer! About the Amazon knife and weather or not it’s my stolen design? Of course it’s not a design stolen from me, it was never “my” design in the first place. I assume the company obtained it the same way we did. This isn’t the first time that the Amazon knife has been brought up either. I was first made aware of the knife about a year and a half ago by a friend. I took a look at it on Amazon and ended up buying one, for around $30…why not? There are differences however between the Amazon knife and the M-1, like blade thickness, coating, and the size of the lanyard hole. Other than that, pretty much the same design but totally different manufacturer. Now, let me answer some questions about the sheath. Originally, I wanted a leather sheath, but leather and manufacturing was too expensive. Remember, I’m a small business without millions of dollars at my disposal, unfortunately every penny counts. We wanted to focus more on the blade quality than we did the accessories that come with the knife. So, we went with kydex. Tough, durable, but inexpensive. Now, the belt attachment. It’s not Tek-Lok and we have never advertised it as such. We buy the attachments from a U.S. company in Boston, MA. Send me an email and I’ll provide you with the company name if you would like to check them out. Do they have the belt attachments made in China? I have no idea, I started buying from the company because they are a big supporter of law enforcement and the military, plus, they were always able to fill my orders (even during the COVID nightmare when companies were shutting down from lack of parts or products). I believe our Facebook page was mentioned also, that it was hard to believe that we went from making concealment cabinets to knives. Well, our Facebook page started out as “Justin Case Concealment”. Concealment cabinets, also a hobby of mine, but when material prices began to soar, I had to put it on the back burner. I changed the page name to Justin Case Tactical and began promoting our knives instead. We never really did much promoting until then, vendor events and eBay kept us plenty busy enough. Finally, the packaging. Now this one I’m guilty of. Domestic packaging costs are crazy expensive! So, our boxes are in fact manufactured overseas (China). As I said before, email us with any questions or concerns about our products anytime and I’ll be happy to reply as soon as possible. Thanks guys, you’re all great!

Posts: 18 | Registered: July 24, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave - since I was one of those raising questions, I want to say thank you very much for taking the time to join the forum and posting the information. Welcome! I am very satisfied with your explanation and as I mentioned before also with the M2 I bought. Wishing you much success with your new business.

Leatherneck
posted Hide Post

Thank you for the response. And my first impression is that it is a very nice knife. It certainly feels very good in my hand.

Let me be clear, I don’t give a shit about the quality of the sheath. Many knife makers ignore the sheath even though a fixed blade knife is worthless without a good sheath. The sheath itself is fine.

I only care that you are using a knock-off of a patented design. I don’t care that it’s a few bucks cheaper. I don’t care that it was available. I don’t care that you never actually said it was a tek-lok. The tek-lok is a patented product by a US company. You either respect patents or you don’t.

That’s just my input. It’s worth exactly what you pay for it. Or, in this case, I guess it’s worth any future profits you could make from me because as long as you use that product I am not a buyer. Exclude it or start buying the real deal and I’ll be awaiting future products from you.

posted Hide Post
kho,
Nothing at all wrong with raising questions, I probably would have done the same. Glad you’re happy with the M-2. I’ve always loved Nessmuk blades and the history behind them. The M-2 is my take on what George Sears would have designed if he were alive today. He favored a small fixed blade with a sharp edge and a distinct upward curve in the blade to aid in skinning wild game. I removed the upward curve and pretty much left everything else alone with the design, with the exception of the lanyard hole (I’m just a fan of lanyards on knives). I think ol George would have liked the modern version…I like to think he would have anyway.

posted Hide Post
Pale Horse,
I wholeheartedly respect your opinion and it is your right to choose not to buy any product that you don’t want to. The patent on Blade Tech’s Tek-Lok expired in 2019 and now the design is open to whoever wants to manufacture it. If patent infringement is your concern, no worries.

https://patents.google.com/patent/US6145169A/en