SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    What are you carrying or totin' today ??
Page 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 91
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are you carrying or totin' today ?? Login/Join 
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
Still pocketing the new guy.

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Kabar Snody Big Boss with custom kydex sheath and RIT dyed handles.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any short Randall knife.

Posts: 1546 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Buck 501 Squire Black Linen Micarta S35VN
Had some f/f issues. Went back to Idaho and Buck did a good job repairing.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I am on call Wednesday evenings, so I am carrying this.

[/URL]

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got a 3 inch wharnie edc from David Mirabile.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
The Micarta Centros arrived yesterday so it’s in my pocket for a while.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Gentleman's carry kind of day again today. Looks like this Buck 501 Squire Linen Micarta S35VN is going to get a good deal more pocket time than a few others.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Light duty carry. When I want something minimalist, I almost always grab my G10 Dragonfly. While I like to carry something bigger most days, this does nearly 90% of everything I would need and performs extremely well. I wear XL gloves and this fits my hand perfectly.

Posts: 248 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: January 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

Since the AK-47 and I have the same official 'Born On' date I had to get this auto for my main EDC. The L1D is 10 years old.

Posts: 3994 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
ZT 0095BW Carry time !

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Add 1tsp Case Peanut

Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
GEC NORTHFIELD #735115 SCOUT HALF-STOP TRAPPER Cocobolo wood 1095 steel and wasting time while waiting for a cuppa tea to brew earlier this afternoon.

posted Hide Post
I like so many of your knives, Hobbs. Great collection.

Posts: 2687 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbs:

That's beautiful.

Posts: 2687 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by amals:
That's beautiful.

Thank you. It's a favorite. Fit and finish is impeccable and it's shaving sharp. Great Eastern Cutlery (of Pennsylvania) only made 25 in this Tidioute Cutlery configuration, back in 2012. And it's a lockback which is relatively rare for their #65 pattern. Mine is No.13 (on markside bolster) of 25, which is a rather appropriate number considering the history of the real life guy, Ben Hogan 1865, if you read about him. He wasn't the Ben Hogan golf guy. Not even close. Here's a little history of Ben Hogan ... http://www.petroleumhistory.or...ld%20Side/Hogan.html

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Hobbs, I gotta say, I really like your taste in knives. Always classy.

Posts: 17047 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Hobbs, I gotta say, I really like your taste in knives. Always classy.

Thank you

Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
My next new pocket knife. Should be here next wk. A fine example of an authentic Laquiole knife. A pattern made in the Massif central region of France since 1829. This one in Briarwood and T12 stainless steel with a satin finish. T12 is a proprietary steel produced at the Forge de Laguiole where they make and forge their own steel as well as the completed knife. No one outside of Forge de Laguiole knows the exact steel composition but it's said to likely be very similar to 12C27. The USPS wait begins.

In the mean time, my pocket worker bee today is just a good ole Case Medium Jack. Case Peanut shown below for size comparison. Oh, the Laquiole knife on the way to me is 11cm (4.33 inches) closed.