SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Fallkniven recommendations
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fallkniven recommendations Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the url.

Posts: 1548 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Butch 2340:
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Hey Butch, where'd you get that sheath? Homemade?

the stamp on it says " Savage made Sheaths Saxis VA"

Look here https://savagesheaths.com/

Thank you, sir.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I’m glad this thread resurfaced. I started it but life got in the way. I just ordered the F1 satin VG10 with leather sheath from new graham. It’s the same as the link ensigmatic provided. Can’t wait!

Thanks to everyone that provide info and input.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Regarding the S1, the specs I’m looking at shows the same handle length as the f1. Are the specs wrong or does it just seem too short on the S1 ecause of the longer blade?

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
The knife came in quickly from New Graham. It’s the F1 with leather sheath. Beautiful knife. Thanks everyone for the info. I’ll try and post a picture later but it’s the same as the link in this thread.

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Any recommendations for a kydex sheath? I like the factory leather one ok but would like something a little more compact and handy.

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
Any recommendations for a kydex sheath? I like the factory leather one ok but would like something a little more compact and handy.
Huh. I love the leather sheath. I've worn it the entire time while being up north. Found it handy and it never got in the way--even with an OWB holster right behind it on the same side.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
It’s a good sheath. The knife is so svelte it just seems like a slim sheath would pair well.

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have a Fallkniven with the Elmax steel?

I am just curious if the Elmax is worth pursuing over the laminated cobolt steel?

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I've had only one Fallkniven knife, and it was stolen out of my checked luggage.
I see on the New Graham website that the source for most of the Fallkniven knives now is Japan, not Sweden.
Does anyone have any comments on the relative quality of the Japan-produced knives vs. Swedish ones?

Posts: 18066 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
I've had only one Fallkniven knife, and it was stolen out of my checked luggage.
I see on the New Graham website that the source for most of the Fallkniven knives now is Japan, not Sweden.
Does anyone have any comments on the relative quality of the Japan-produced knives vs. Swedish ones?

I will be curious to see responses on this question. I generally have considerable respect for blades made in Japan, but for Fallkniven, Sweden just seems right (Go figure; it's not like the Swedes don't know anything about sharpened steel, right?)

Posts: 2693 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post