SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    RUL-Liontribe Designs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RUL-Liontribe Designs Login/Join 
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted
this is a little WIP thread for you guys. haven't done one in a while. this one is not a custom order, just something i had in mind for some time. i wanted to make one of our Ringed Urban Legend models with Relic etched flats and a copper ferric hamon on the blade. still debating the handle, but i think something simple and rustic like natural rawhide wrap. should be a fun karambit/bowie hybrid.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Observer
Picture of phxtoad
posted Hide Post
Excited to see how it turns out!

Todd

phxtoad

"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Posts: 420 | Location: Tempe, Arizona | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks, i am really hoping for a really vivid hamon. this kind of heat treat is like witchcraft. you just have to develop a skill for it. at least, that is how it seems to me. i am getting better every time, though.

dozer

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
well, she is all etched and cleaned up now. this one didn't quite come out as clean as i had hoped. it is a bit loose and wild. this one is a different steel than i normally use for this finish. that might be part of it. it is still pretty cool looking. not sure if i want to keep it this way or polish is back down and go with a different etch. what do you guys think?

dozer

Observer
Picture of phxtoad
posted Hide Post
Cool! I think it came out great. It looks like scene on the blade. On a lake at sunset.

phxtoad

"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Posts: 420 | Location: Tempe, Arizona | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
i appreciate it. you just never know exactly what you will get when you do an etch like this.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
finally finished this one. i decided to go with a dead simple paracord wrapped handle. i wanted to make the focus of this knife was to be the recurved, hamon etched blade and the etched Relic finish of the flats.

dozer