SIGforum
RUL-Liontribe Designs

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/340601935/m/6350077184

May 04, 2021, 03:27 PM
dozer
RUL-Liontribe Designs
this is a little WIP thread for you guys. haven't done one in a while. this one is not a custom order, just something i had in mind for some time. i wanted to make one of our Ringed Urban Legend models with Relic etched flats and a copper ferric hamon on the blade. still debating the handle, but i think something simple and rustic like natural rawhide wrap. should be a fun karambit/bowie hybrid.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson
May 05, 2021, 02:57 PM
phxtoad
Excited to see how it turns out!

Todd

phxtoad

"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"
May 05, 2021, 11:25 PM
dozer
thanks, i am really hoping for a really vivid hamon. this kind of heat treat is like witchcraft. you just have to develop a skill for it. at least, that is how it seems to me. i am getting better every time, though.

dozer

May 21, 2021, 12:30 PM
dozer
well, she is all etched and cleaned up now. this one didn't quite come out as clean as i had hoped. it is a bit loose and wild. this one is a different steel than i normally use for this finish. that might be part of it. it is still pretty cool looking. not sure if i want to keep it this way or polish is back down and go with a different etch. what do you guys think?

dozer

May 21, 2021, 12:36 PM
phxtoad
Cool! I think it came out great. It looks like scene on the blade. On a lake at sunset.

phxtoad

"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"
May 21, 2021, 01:22 PM
dozer
i appreciate it. you just never know exactly what you will get when you do an etch like this.

dozer

May 24, 2021, 10:54 AM
dozer
finally finished this one. i decided to go with a dead simple paracord wrapped handle. i wanted to make the focus of this knife was to be the recurved, hamon etched blade and the etched Relic finish of the flats.

dozer