SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    LionSteel Roundhead Euro Barlow..."Modern Traditional"
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LionSteel Roundhead Euro Barlow..."Modern Traditional" Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Such a temptation. The abalone looked great - it is especially good that those are sold out.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FBHO
posted Hide Post
Lionsteel makes extremely high quality knives. I have a T5 and it's a beast.

P1000400 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/146780422@N05/][/url]

Posts: 1046 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Good Lord but those are pretty. Really like the look of the stag handle model.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I liked the look of the stag handled model so much....It arrived today. VERY well done in my humble opinion.

FN in MT

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
I've been looking at the Benchmade Proper. I'll have to consider one of these...but the call of an American made knife is nice too...

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
Sweet merciful nonsense! Now they are coming out with models that have anodized bolsters, end even damasteel blades and bolsters! Eek Supposedly coming in on the fifth. Gonna have to keep my eye on that.

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
this one might be quite interesting:

Lion Steel Shuffler Clip Jack Olive Wood Handles

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
These are quite nice!! I may have to replace a Benchmade!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
https://www.collectorknives.ne...-dense-steel-ck0112/

This is just damn sexy. Too bad it’s outside my price range. Eek

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
WOW! Big Grin

Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
this one might be quite interesting:

Lion Steel Shuffler Clip Jack Olive Wood Handles

I got one in carbon fiber. I'm a big fan of the M390 steel.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Very, very nice, sir !

Smile

posted Hide Post
Couple of the Shuffler's on CK site have come really nice scale / bolster / blade finish combos.

Been trying to rationalize all day that one would make a great Mother's Day gift.

(The wife has a couple mini-Grips she likes already) Big Grin

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1925 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soflaac:
Couple of the Shuffler's on CK site have come really nice scale / bolster / blade finish combos.

Been trying to rationalize all day that one would make a great Mother's Day gift.

(The wife has a couple mini-Grips she likes already) Big Grin

The blade length of the Lionsteel Barlow is basically the same as the Mini-Grip & the materials are top notch. The Barlow is much slimmer & takes up less real estate in a pocket or purse, but isn't one handed opening, nor does it have a pocket clip, if that's important to her.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:
The blade length of the Lionsteel Barlow is basically the same as the Mini-Grip & the materials are top notch. The Barlow is much slimmer & takes up less real estate in a pocket or purse, but isn't one handed opening, nor does it have a pocket clip, if that's important to her.

She does carry the mini-Grip on her pocket w/ the clip but obviously wouldn't be such if she wasn't wearing jeans.

She hasn't practiced with it enough yet to be adept at one-handed opening, so the slipjoint would be on even terms that way.

Good points all around.

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1925 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post