SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    The Emerson Thread...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 97
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Emerson Thread... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I have a #7Emerson I bought a few years ago from Emerson at a knife show in Allanta Ga. It has been my EDC ever since. But then I carry two knives everyday.You forget you have it til you need it.

Posts: 1381 | Location: Alabama | Registered: October 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by modestglock26:
The whole thing was actually a mix of the wave and a new pair of slacks with and oddly shaped pocket and my keys on my carabiner getting stuck on the pocket clip.

It was the perfect storm of brain farts.

Ah, SLACKS. CRKT flat out tells you never to carry the M16 flipper knives tip-up with slacks(or any pants with non levi/jean pockets) or you will cut yourself in half and kill everyone in a 6 foot radius and then try to sue them. Actually they recommend against ever using the flippers to open the knife. Even though it works brilliantly. As long as you are wearing jeans...with nothing else in the pockets...

Posts: 5096 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by modestglock26:

The gf wouldn't shut up about the blood so I ran to the urgent care for stitches.

Big Grin The Voice of Reason strikes again.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgtmac
posted Hide Post
Handles are from 96ish, this blade was replaced in 03'/04'. Not the wave, but without the thumb stud it works the same. Love it, it's like a lucky charm for me.

Posts: 2832 | Location: ND | Registered: August 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
I'd like to turn this into an Emerson Knives Thread...Please post pictures of your Emersons...especially the ones which have used 'hard' like sgtmac's above...

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Here ya go

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9356 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
VERY excellent interview with Ernest Emerson at SHOT 2012...

posted Hide Post
I just watched that episode yesterday. I really enjoyed it. I'm in the market for a new knife and that actually helped put Emersons on my radar. I'm actually looking at the CQC7. It's tempting, but I also get a KILLER deal on Benchmades. The Adamas folder for $100 seems hard to pass on.

Posts: 151 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: December 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
My Mini-Commander came today...I love it. It just feels solid and substantial. I gotta be honest...I've had a chance to compare some good Benchmades, Spyderco's, and Emersons and I cannot get over the Emersons - I'm hooked. I have a CQC7, a Mini-CQC7, and a Mini-Commander and they are awesome.

posted Hide Post
I'm not a huge fan of Nutnfancy, and I've even met the guy at one of the local gun stores in the area, but I have to say THAT was an awesome interview. I'm now a fan of Emerson Knives and they just got moved up pretty high on the need-to-buy list. Thanks for posting that.

Posts: 248 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: January 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of callibird
posted Hide Post
Just ordered this one and can't wait to get it.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Posts: 935 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: August 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Which size is that? I can't tell the super from the mini...Just the micro Commander has that hole...

One day I might get a CQC-8...Maybe for the birthday...

The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of callibird
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
Which size is that? I can't tell the super from the mini...Just the micro Commander has that hole...

One day I might get a CQC-8...Maybe for the birthday...

It's the 3.75" blade so not the Super and not the Micro. Just right..

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Posts: 935 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: August 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Someone sells a CQC6 on ebay for $4K and the knives come out of the wood work. Now 2 more are listed for sale. One appears to have been just received from Emerson and listed on Ebay asap. Bet that makes Emerson happy Roll Eyes

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5641 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Is this a sorta-Emerson?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mainsail,

Posts: 665 | Location: Puget Sound, WA | Registered: October 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
This has to be the last one...On the way...CQC-8 BTS..The 3.9" blade...The texture and grip of the G10 handles on these Emersons is just amazing...

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Ernest Emerson working on the design of a new knife..."The Patriot"...

Picture of callibird
posted Hide Post
I did get my Commander. I have to say, I had read some reviews that complained about the fit and finish of the knife and I was a little hesitant on the purchase.

Well, mine's built like a tank. Looks to be spot on construction to me. Scary sharp out of the box. I'm pretty sure I could slather my hand in Crisco and still keep a functional grip with the G10 - just a wonderful texture (would be great on my Glock 26).

Not the best pics, but I snapped a few off hand (only have an iPhone for a camera so it's as good as it gets).

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Sweet! The 3.75" Commander is a fistful. My impression is the same as yours concerning the build and G10 grips. After these Emersons I have no interest in any other pocket knife.

I got my 3.9" CQC-8 BTS, and love it - What a machine, you can just feel the functionality. I wish I had a better camera...But I'll get a few pictures and post 'em soon.