SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    The Emerson Thread...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 97
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Emerson Thread... Login/Join 
Picture of callibird
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
Sweet! The 3.75" Commander is a fistful. My impression is the same as yours concerning the build and G10 grips. After these Emersons I have no interest in any other pocket knife.

I got my 3.9" CQC-8 BTS, and love it - What a machine, you can just feel the functionality. I wish I had a better camera...But I'll get a few pictures and post 'em soon.

It's bigger than I'm used to, but when it comes out, regardless of the use, you know it means business.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Posts: 935 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: August 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
OK, here is my little Emerson collection. There are a few more I'd like to get, as I can afford them. I'm looking for (one day) a Persian Tactical and a new one coming out some day soon the "Patriot".

I wish I'd started with Emersons, I know I won't buy any other make now. I've thought of selling my others to buy more Emersons.

From top to bottom: Mini-CQC-7BT, CQC-7 Stonewashed, Mini-Commander, Roadhouse BT, and CQC-8 BTS.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Czechvar,

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Nice, you're getting there. Smile

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of callibird
posted Hide Post
Man, I got a loooong way to go!

Nice blades!!

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Posts: 935 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: August 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Question to anyone who might have an opinion...The CQC-15 is supposed to be a combination of the tip of a CQC-7 and the width and curves of a Commander...The best of both.

But is it the best of both? I'm looking at it and I like it...But as I understand it Ernest Emerson designs a knife to fit a purpose, to do a job. That's what I like about them, they are generally ideas that people had to do a job and he listened to them. I guess the CQC-7 is as close to a utility knife as he makes...But these others are unique.

Picture of wreckdiverjosh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wreckdiverjosh:
My Karambit now has a buddy. Got it in todays mail!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wreckdiverjosh,

Change of Plans...

Posts: 268 | Location: Virginia | Registered: March 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This thread has got me wanting a Super Road house, anyone have one?

Not all who wander are lost.

Posts: 474 | Location: Old Dominion | Registered: November 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll Play, here are a few of mine currently in the rotation. The Emerson is a Desert Roadhouse.

Posts: 1142 | Location: Phila Area | Registered: February 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post

One of three I currently own.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eweiss:
I'll Play, here are a few of mine currently in the rotation. The Emerson is a Desert Roadhouse.

The Roadhouse is awesome...Very impressive...

Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I was digging my mini CQC-7 with the wave so much that I ordered a Spyderco Delica with the wave feature. It is such a smooth and quick deployment that I wish all my blades had it now.

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Just got my new Emerson Challenge Coin...Solid and heavy...

A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
Just got my new Emerson Challenge Coin...Solid and heavy...

Now that is cool!

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Picture of gator97
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by modestglock26:
Not a wave fan here.

Three stitches, nerve damage and the tip of VG-10 stuck in my bone agree with my above statement.

But I love me some Emersons.

I am thinking about buying an Emerson and was concerned of the same thing. Am I misunderstanding then wave feature, but you don't have to use this option if you carry it differently?

Posts: 843 | Location: Greenville,SC | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
gator97, yes the use of the wave feature is up to you. If you feel better opening it another way that will work too.

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
You know, I practice with the Wave opening...But typically I don't use it because I see it as something you might need in an emergency. I also think it'll tear up my jeans pocket.

They do make a pretty cool holster with a wave opener I'm thinking of getting...Check out the demonstration videos...Talk about Rapid deployment!

http://www.emersonknives.com/videos/RAPID.mpg

http://www.emersonknives.com/e...ems.php#ShoulderRigs

This vid shows the Russian Cosmonauts using an Emerson in space to cut sausage...

http://www.emersonknives.com/videos/nasa.mpg

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
And I found some Emerson Combat Karambit videos on Youtube...This stuff is cool, but I doubt I could move that fast... Razz

Picture of gator97
posted Hide Post
Cool video. Need to watch it slower so I can see what he did. Smile

Posts: 843 | Location: Greenville,SC | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Desert Roadhouse BT is nice...

What is it about the Roadhouse that is so appealing...other than it was the only bad movie Patrick Swayze ever made.

It is a beefy 6.2oz...looks pretty hefty...Definitely a unique design...Here's the sales pitch:

quote:
Think whiskey, think choppers, think Rock ‘n’ Roll and you’ll know what the Roadhouse is all about, and the moment you pick it up, you’ll know why it lives up to its name.

The more that I handle this knife, the more I’m thinking this is one of my best designs. Just like a chopped Harley, this knife is low slung and ready to roar. It feels like you’ve just dropped the clutch and it’s trying to jump out of your hand. And just like a Harley, you’ve got to have a Rock ‘n’ Roll, Outlaw’s soul to carry a Roadhouse.

If a chopper could be a knife it would be the Roadhouse. This is a bad to the bone fighter with a rebel’s soul and a Rock ‘n’ Roll attitude that cannot be tamed. Pick it up and you can just about smell the Jack Daniel’s. This knife is destined to be an Emerson classic.

Well...it worked...Roadhouse Plainedge BT on the way from Blade HQ...Ernest better have put a bottle of JD in the box...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Czechvar,

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
I found this Post from Ernest Emerson on BladeForums dated Oct 2010..It's a fun read...

quote:

10-12-2010, 03:40

Ernest Emerson

Emerson Calls Bullsh*t

Dear Members,

I recently became aware of a thread here concerning Emerson Knives QC problems. Inside the thread were several mentions of numerous knives, in fact a preponderance of knives that were being rejected, returned to dealers, couldn’t be sold, knives snapped in half, screws stripped, etc, etc.

Where are those knives? I repeat. Where are those knives?

Since we have the most liberal return policy in the industry they should be flooding our repair departments. Oh, I forgot, we don’t have a repair department. One of the gals simply replaces or works on the 3 or 4 knives we get every couple of weeks. Oh, by the way, most of those knives are not returned for warranty. They are in because guys want them factory sharpened or cleaned up after some serious use and abuse. I’ll tell you what, if I bought a $250.00 knife from someone and it broke, I would damn well be sending it in for warranty.

And if anyone says, “I sent them back to my dealer.” Well you can be guaranteed that the dealer wouldn’t be taking a loss of several hundred dollars. They would be sending those dozens of knives back for refund or replacement too. Yet again, no knives. Call the distributors if you don’t believe me. They will verify this fact.

And to answer one post that stated, “one of my suppliers doesn’t even sell Emersons anymore, what does that say?” It says this; we cut them off for not paying their bills. And, we weren’t the only one to cut them off. Again, verifiable fact. And yes, it’s one of the big distributors. And since then, we’ve gotten dozens of emails and phone calls from them begging to get back in our program. Ain’t gonna happen.

And, for those of you who do not know, we are moving toward direct sales to our dealers. Hence, the new Prestige Dealer Program that is driving our business through the roof. In spite of our terrible knives, our terrible service, our terrible quality we are one of the only knife companies that is growing in this economy and at the fastest rate since the company Emerson Knives was founded.

In fact, it is why we just purchased a major manufacturing facility in Southern California for several millions of dollars which will quadruple our size and capacity. I guess the truth is, that we needed the extra thousands of square feet and new employees to handle the huge volume of knives being returned to us for repair and shoddy workmanship.

Here’s something else unique to Emerson Knives. We haven’t placed any ads in years and we have an advertising budget of 0$. Funny how the other knife companies stand in awe of this. Believe me, we all speak to each other quite frequently. Now, if we don’t advertise and yet are growing every month, how can that happen? It’s because our users are our advertisers. Now, if our knives were so shoddy, weak and sub-standard, I wonder why they keep telling people to buy our knives rather than return them for the myriad of problems they possess.

“I don’t like the way they look. I don’t like the laser finish. I don’t like the fit of handles and backspacers. I don’t like the texture of the G-10.” These are opinions. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, however, we don’t get knives returned back to us for those opinions either.

And obviously, they don’t seem to matter to the hundreds of thousands of customers that already own and use Emerson Knives on a daily basis. And almost all our customers own more than one Emerson, in some cases 10 or 12 Emersons.

Broken blades, defective parts, stripped screws etc. are not opinions. They are real, tangible, physical things. Again I ask; Where are they?

In the end, I’ll say up front and always have, that my knives are not perfect, they are not pretty and they are not for collecting. Occasionally, in a manufacturing environment there are things that get through. However in our case it is by far one of the lowest error/defect rates in the entire industry. Notice we do not have a catalog of factory seconds or an 8 week stand in line repair time like some of the other companies do.

When I hear the chatter here that comes up about every year or two about how bad Emerson Knives are, I just wish, just once, that someone would step up with documented evidence, return receipts, broken knives, stripped screws (I swear it was like that out of the box, I didn’t do it.”) We talk to dozens of dealers a week. I go to shows and talk directly to tens of thousands of users and dealers a year.

Where are you, who are so vocal behind the anonymity of a user name and a keyboard? I am right here. I am a public figure. I use my real name everywhere I post on the internet. You all know where I’ll be. Where are you? Or is it bullsh*t?

Prove it. And I don’t mean “I worked in a knife store and we had dozens of returns.” Show me the knives. For they never made it back to us. I’m sure you would have wanted your couple of thousand dollars back, maybe not. Until then, pile on with the B.S. and we’ll keep checking our mailbox.

My Best Regards,

Ernest R. Emerson
Best Maker of Sub Standard Knives In The World

P.S. I stand corrected, we do have dealers who will stand eye to eye with me and voice their complaints. “We can’t get enough Emerson Knives in stock. We sell them as soon as we get them.”

http://www.bladeforums.com/for...erson-Calls-Bullsh*t