SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    The Emerson Thread...
Page 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 97
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Emerson Thread... Login/Join 
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
I don't have a Halloween one...Just a Christmas one...

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
OK...so I just bought a second Karambit Trainer (While they were in stock) so I could do the 2 handed drills on the DVD.

I actually used the 'points' on this purchase. I had 255 points and that gave me $2.55 off the purchase. Plus they gave me 117 new points for the trainer.

Interesting how they calculate the points. The Trainer costs $119.95 and it states that this purchase will earn 120 points. However, because I redeemed 255 points, they subtracted 3 points and I received 117 for the Trainer purchase.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Czechvar,

posted Hide Post
This could be an expensive week...

No hard chromes yet, hopefully tomorrow

Also ordered a 938 from TGS

Ouch!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6217 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cracking claws. Blade too sharp though. Slight tap cut all way through. Big fan of wicked edge sharping system now

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6217 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
OMG does that look delicious...You eat like that all the time? I love crab...

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:

Ouch!!!!

I've been checking frequently as well...no joy.

Congrats on the 938...Which model did you get?

Picture of wreckdiverjosh
posted Hide Post
edit....

Change of Plans...

Posts: 268 | Location: Virginia | Registered: March 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:

Ouch!!!!

I've been checking frequently as well...no joy.

Congrats on the 938...Which model did you get?

Rosewood I like the simplicity, classic look and no frills of it

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
OMG does that look delicious...You eat like that all the time? I love crab...

This time of year absolutely. The 15# of shrimp was next to it

I typically have 3-5 traps in the water off my bulkhead

My house from the water. I'm wanting to buy it but with the flood insurance turmoil I'm holding off

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
No Chrome yet...It must be getting very close...keep an eye out.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
I spoke with Ann. They are delayed, reason unclear. Do not expect them today.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5641 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lame
posted Hide Post
Hopefully next week I guess Frown

Posts: 1088 | Location: AZ | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
But the minute you stop looking... Razz

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
I'm slightly concerned that there is a problem specific to the chrome blades that has held this up. I agree, either next week... or perhaps not at all?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5641 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We just need to keep checking

Hard chrome A blade only one I'm really interesting in

(Keeps fingers crossed)

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
I've read things about chrome blades corroding inside on the steel base due to minor breaks in the chrome surface. Some makers still managed to produce good products that maintained a solid finish. Then there's the problem of sharpening a chrome knife and breaking the seal. I used to see dive knives with what seemed to be chrome finishes, but titanium was the only thing I liked.

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Those of you in the SoCal area next weekend might want to plan a trip to Garden Grove for the...

quote:
California Custom Knife Show

Saturday October 12TH and Sunday October 13TH, 2013

Hours 10am to 4pm both days

Embassy Suites of Garden Grove\Anaheim South

SHOW IS IN THE BALLROOM

11767 Harbor Boulevard
Garden Grove, Ca. 92840

Admission is at the door, and is $15 per-person or $25 for a two day pass. Cash only, no credit cards or checks.

Day parking is FREE !!!!

Ernest Emerson will be there, and has a Lottery drawing at 1PM on Saturday.

http://californiacustomknifeshow.com/#

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Also...Emerson Knives has an App for iPhones, iTouch, and iPads. I installed it on my iPhone today. It says it was developed by his son, Lucas.

http://appshopper.com/utilities/emerson-knives-inc

posted Hide Post
I have the app also

Pretty slick

posted Hide Post