SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Another Kailash (Done)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another Kailash (Done) Login/Join 
posted
Placed an order on 10/3. Just got the first update. Seems their timeline is getting substantially better.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pace40,

Posts: 625 | Location: in the PA woods | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got the second update. Her name is Jane T. Bak

Posts: 625 | Location: in the PA woods | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Is that their plane Jane Bowie? Can’t wait to see the finished product.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17236 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
Is that their plane Jane Bowie?

Yep...ordered w/ satin finish and full tang micarta. I'm welling with anticipation. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
3rd update

Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
man I have to stop looking at this stuff I just ordered Bhura
Blade Finish:Acid Wash (Hamon) $15
Hardware:Brass $9
Handle Material:Buffalo Horn $5
Handle Size:Small (3.75")
Sheath:Kydex $29
Kydex Colour:Black
Grind Type:Performance Grind
+ brass tear drop front bolster that acts like a fingerguard

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by side_shot:
man I have to stop looking at this stuff

Sorry...Big Grin

posted Hide Post
4th update. Last update from Nepal.

Looks like I may have to open up the leather bench and make her a proper suit. We'll see if she's worth it when she gets here.

Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
That looks awesome!

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17236 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
looks great I cant wait for mine and see how the Acid Wash (Hamon) comes out ill give a progress report when they start making it

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well...she's here and I like her. Tang and scales very well done for a true 3 position grip. She's a bit of a beast weighing in at 1.5 pounds.

With an Esee 5 for size......

Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
I like a bit of heft to my field knives. How do the sheathes ride?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
How do the sheathes ride?

To be honest, I don't know because I took them both apart already. I'm making a leather backer and dangler for the kydex similar to what I did for the BK9 (here). I wasn't really impressed with the leather one, so I pulled the welt to pattern a new leather sheath.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
That's not a Bowie. That's a short sword. Big Grin

Love the convex grind all the way up to the spine. I'll bet that one proves to be very durable.

Posts: 17041 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very cool and nice looking knife. They really do great work.

Posts: 6836 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Couldn't bring myself to take her in the woods with the clothes she came with, so....

A little cutting...

A little glue...

A little stitching and some color...

Now she's ready...

The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Awesome. But now look what you made me do…

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by copaup:
But now look what you made me do…

Big Grin...sorry! Is that a regent?

The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Yup. I said, “get me the biggest piece of steel you have in the shop and hammer it into a blade.”

You know. For zombies.

The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Going with a sharpened back edge, acid wash finish, and brass fittings. If it's as nice as my Historical British Service it's going to be a monster.