SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Kitchen Cutlery-Liontribe Designs-New Pics
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kitchen Cutlery-Liontribe Designs-New Pics Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
7" Santoku is my go to knife for 98% of my needs, followed by a 4" paring, and then after that a French chef's knife, serrated bread knife......

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
well, here is the re-worked butcher knife so far. hard to get good pics for the glare on the blade. this thing should slice like a razor when i am done.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
gave the blade a final buff polish and then etched it with yellow mustard in our unique pattern. i left part of the weathered finish high up on the flats. this one is going to be a stunner when finished.

dozer

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
She's a Beaut!!

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8836 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
i was initially going to make this for the fun of it, but i may offer it for purchase. it is coming out so nicely, someone might like to have this for themselves.

dozer

Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Great rework of the blade profile. That's my favorite profile for a chef's knife. Very nice.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks, i am fitting up the handle tomorrow. blue and blonde maple burl should look awesome with this blade. pretty excited to see this one finished.

dozer

Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Nice bud⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Western chef - 9 inches. Thinner blade than the Germans, but not Japanese thin.

Sort of like a Western Chef, with 1/4 Santoku mixed in.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks, sybo. jhe888, thanks for the suggestion. that is kinda the way i ground the old butcher knife. i like them as thin as possible without sacrificing any strength.

dozer

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dozer:
thanks, sybo. jhe888, thanks for the suggestion. that is kinda the way i ground the old butcher knife. i like them as thin as possible without sacrificing any strength.

dozer

I want them to be able to chop, which needs some weight and stiffness, but I usually find the German knives to be a little too heavy and thick.

And a parer - 3.5 or 3.75 inches and pointy.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
this one is on the light side, but it was that way when i received it. so, i just kinda went with the design that it already had. very unique hybrid grind that i have to assume was common back in the day. it is a full flat grind with the last inch or so at the heel of the blade, a light convex grind. i assume that is to add strength to the area of the blade that takes the brunt of the force when pressing down on something. not really sure, that is just my thought on it. never seen it before, really, but it makes sense. it is really a neat piece of steel. i had a blast working with it. i do intend to do some paring knives as well. i am going slow and learning lots about all the subtle variations in design.

dozer

Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
i like it. I hope i see it in the classifieds soon.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks, it should be available by the weekend. i am really enjoying making these types of knives.

dozer

Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Following... very interested to see how this beauty turns out

Posts: 3536 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
here is the last teaser pic. the handle is about half finished at this point. i still have much sanding to do. it should be finished tomorrow. all that will be left is to sign and sharpen it. really liking the look of it already.

dozer

posted Hide Post
Let me know if you sell it, I'll take it.

Posts: 7010 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
just shoot me an email at liontribedesigns@gmail.com. don't need to discuss sales outside of the classifieds. i used two different types of pins with the handle. that may be a signature thing for us, if folks take a shine to it.

dozer

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
That maple burl is amazing, especially the left panel.

Posts: 17050 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks, i love working with this wood. i am trying to secure some more for the next couple of chef knives i am making. i am planning W2 with some nice double dyed maple burl. hoping to get some nice book matched scales.

dozer