SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Kitchen Cutlery-Liontribe Designs-New Pics
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kitchen Cutlery-Liontribe Designs-New Pics Login/Join 
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
almost forgot this new build. just came out of heat treat today. this monster slicer will get some nice, clean black barbwire micarta with matching pins. i haven't decided on the exact etch yet. that depends on whether or not the hamon comes out clearly or not. i am still about 50/50 with getting a nice clean hamon. it really is an artform all to itself.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
it looks like this one might just be a monster. i only have it finish ground to 120grit and hamon line is very visible. not too bad. if all goes well when i finish the buff and polish of the blade, this one will get a copper etch to the hamon line. i am excited to see this one finished. i am having a hard time finding time to work on extra blades, but this one is coming along.

dozer

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
I like that very much. Will it be available in the classifieds or is this for a customer?

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
it is available. i have been dorking around with these sashimi slicer hybrids designs for a while. this is just the first one that i have managed to get close to finished. i hope to get it done this week, if i have the time. i am still up in the air about the handle.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
i got it polished up pretty good today. the heat in the shop was unreal, but i got through it. gotta love summer in the south. still debating the type of etch and handle material, but it should be outstanding when it is all said and done. really pleased with it so far.

dozer

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Beautiful Knife....Love your blade profiles! Cool

I'm VERY interested as my wife's Birthday is coming up soon! Sooo, how big is this 'monster'? Blade size?

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
this one is 12.0" overall with a 7.0" blade. i wanted to make the first few in a more manageable size. i have seen some that were nearly 2 feet long. i don't think the average person needs a kitchen slicer of that size. but, you never know.

dozer

Shoot gun,
get check
Picture of Scoobaru
posted Hide Post
Well hell, here’s another knife I didn’t know I needed. Smile

Posts: 609 | Location: The pointy part of Nevada | Registered: March 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
those are the best kind of knives! Big Grin

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
well, it didn't photograph too well. but, even though it kinda fades toward the tip, the hamon line and colors look pretty nice in person. i will buff it a bit more tomorrow and see how it looks then. i am pleased with it so far.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
forgive the crappy pic. just a quick shot from the phone. i went with chocolate barbwire micarta with micarta pins. the handle is thinner my normal chef blade models. this one just seemed to be asking for a slim, thin grip. the handle is only half finished. i still have much sanding and polishing to do. just grabbed a quick pic of it before we broke for lunch.

dozer

Shoot gun,
get check
Picture of Scoobaru
posted Hide Post
That is a work of art! You continue to hit it out of the park with your knives.

Posts: 609 | Location: The pointy part of Nevada | Registered: March 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks, i really am pleased with the wild copper etch that came out of this one. it will be a bit more $$ than my standard models, but i have been getting lots of requests for more exotic designs for the kitchen. i hope to have her wrapped up this coming week.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
this one didn't last long, but i am going to be doing a small batch of these soon. i have received so many inquiries about it, that i am going to be doing a few more. these are forged models, so they take a bit longer. gonna be a busy summer.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
another smaller design that is just about to get ground. this one is similar to the one above, but it will be given a nice hollow grind. it is a bit slimmer and with a longer handle. should be an awesome piece when done.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
i just went ahead and put the initial grind on this one. i was just curious to see how it would look. i get excited about certain designs and can't help myself.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
you guys just let me know if you are tired of seeing my WIP pics. i find it interesting, so i think everyone else does too. here is a quick shot of this last slicer getting a nice clay coating before heat treat. i am hoping for a nice hamon on this little fella.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
oh man, this forged model has really showed out for me. it is not even etched and the hamon is very visible already. this one will be available. the grind is very specific. a tall, shallow hollow grind that is slightly different from the right to the left. it is done so that it aids a right handed chef in slicing duties. i learned of this blade grind recently and it came out great.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
here she is all etched and buffed. all that is left is the handle installation. what a build this will be.

dozer

Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Fantastic looking goods you have been rockin lately!! You are on a roll brother. Hamons look amazing!!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post