SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Bowie Design-Liontribe Designs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bowie Design-Liontribe Designs Login/Join 
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted
WIP thread for our newest bowie design. this one is a bit on the wild side. 80CrV2 steel with textured flats and a big hollow ground recurve blade. we went ahead and gave it a nice copper hamon etched finish. i think we are going with black barbwire micarta for the handle. should be quite the little fighter.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3514 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
That’s a mean looking blade. Very nice. Needs mastodon, elephant, or walrus tusk handle. At least that would be my vision.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
i think you are on to something. i mocked it up in basic black and it was just too plain. gonna wait and try and come up with something more exciting. i was actually thinking of using buffalo horn.

dozer

Posts: 3514 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
i went ahead with the black barbwire micarta handle but gave it copperhead micarta bolsters. think that made work better. just a bit of accent for the overall look.

dozer

Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
I think it looks great!

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
much appreciated. i had a bit of this darker copperhead micarta saved for a while. never could find just the right model to use it on. this one just seemed perfect for it.

dozer

Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Wont lose purchase of that bad boy!!!!!! Nice lookin design my friend!!! Rock on, best of luck with every creative thought you have my friend.

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks, brother. we are chugging right along on the knife farm. best to you and yours.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
just finished a larger version with a more sculpted handle. really happy with this one. headed to it's new home next week.

dozer

Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Great lookin piece Brother!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
much appreciated. this barbwire micarta reminds me of carbon fiber when polished. a fun material to work with.

dozer