SIGforum
Bowie Design-Liontribe Designs

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/340601935/m/2160063084

March 10, 2021, 03:25 PM
dozer
Bowie Design-Liontribe Designs
WIP thread for our newest bowie design. this one is a bit on the wild side. 80CrV2 steel with textured flats and a big hollow ground recurve blade. we went ahead and gave it a nice copper hamon etched finish. i think we are going with black barbwire micarta for the handle. should be quite the little fighter.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson
March 13, 2021, 06:37 AM
pbramlett
That’s a mean looking blade. Very nice. Needs mastodon, elephant, or walrus tusk handle. At least that would be my vision.

Regards,

P.
March 13, 2021, 09:15 AM
dozer
i think you are on to something. i mocked it up in basic black and it was just too plain. gonna wait and try and come up with something more exciting. i was actually thinking of using buffalo horn.

dozer

March 16, 2021, 10:59 AM
dozer
i went ahead with the black barbwire micarta handle but gave it copperhead micarta bolsters. think that made work better. just a bit of accent for the overall look.

dozer

March 18, 2021, 11:28 AM
pbramlett
I think it looks great!

Regards,

P.
March 18, 2021, 12:09 PM
dozer
much appreciated. i had a bit of this darker copperhead micarta saved for a while. never could find just the right model to use it on. this one just seemed perfect for it.

dozer

March 21, 2021, 06:20 AM
sybo
Wont lose purchase of that bad boy!!!!!! Nice lookin design my friend!!! Rock on, best of luck with every creative thought you have my friend.
March 21, 2021, 10:37 AM
dozer
thanks, brother. we are chugging right along on the knife farm. best to you and yours.

dozer

May 08, 2021, 10:39 PM
dozer
just finished a larger version with a more sculpted handle. really happy with this one. headed to it's new home next week.

dozer

May 09, 2021, 06:17 AM
sybo
Great lookin piece Brother!
May 09, 2021, 02:13 PM
dozer
much appreciated. this barbwire micarta reminds me of carbon fiber when polished. a fun material to work with.

dozer