SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do you allow guns in your workplace or does your employer allow it?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you allow guns in your workplace or does your employer allow it? Login/Join 
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
I work for the State of TN. No in building. Used to be no in parking lot either until a new law was put in place to allow people to leave their gun in the car during work hours without being fired/punished.

I have a safe attached to the frame of my drivers seat...

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Out of sight, out of mind.

I have noticed that most who work in the construction industry have guns.

I'm also in the biz, I've busted 2 people over the past few years accidentally brandishing, one of which was in St Thomas USVI of all places.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9748 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
When I was in the CG, personal weapons were a no go...

We all were issued 1911 then M9...we all brought in comparable ammo for 12ga, 45 or 9mm or 223... I’m not saying we hunted off the boats at the small boat station...but sometimes animal cane right at us.

Then I became a gunners mate where I taught firearms...so I always had a gun

Then I became a cop and of course we had guns...unless you were on light duty. You had to submit a written request from the chief to carry....I always did regardless of what the policy was because my safety was more important to me than their paperwork...I once had several broken ribs and was assigned to answer the front desk...I was in no way gonna be able to fight with some belligerent drunk...so I carried in a pocket

Now I’m retired and I do what I want.

Mrs Mike’s business has a policy of no weapons..but she has hers in her car.

I have seen others who went and bought a fancy Bible zipper coverage thingy...and carried their pistol all over...no one is going to aske to examine your Bible

I know of a guy who carried his revolver in his lunch bag thru the courthouse daily...great lawyer BTW

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11458 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Brass Pounder
Picture of roustabout
posted Hide Post
Yes, I allow my employees and contractors to carry concealed or openly if they wish.

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel

Posts: 1018 | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's your policy.

Legal carry is fine, illegal carry is not permitted.

That should just about cover it. Wink

Posts: 10061 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Back when I worked for the Highway Patrol they were pretty cool about guns, no issues.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Well...guns ARE allowed in my workplace, but it is HIGHLY regulated and monitored by DHS. Wink

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
Hell yeah!

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6061 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
The Subway right next to my employer (literally we share a wall) was robbed a few hours ago and the bad guy slashed/cut/stabbed the Subway girl making the sandwiches/cash register operator.

The bad guy ran out the door and ran right next to one of my fellow employees, who is also my buddy. The bad guy got away. So far, anyway.

That’s all I need to say. You know the response.

Posts: 11981 | Location: Near Hooker Oklahoma, closer to Slapout Oklahoma | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big NO.

Posts: 14 | Registered: December 01, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
We're trying to craft a firearms policy for my office. We are not at all opposed to allowing people to carry at work in principle, but are concerned about potential liability for accidents, negligence or even justified uses of force.

What is the policy at your place of business? And if you are an employer who allows it, what are your thoughts on liability issues?

We have no written policy. We have no problem with legal concealed carry (the only legal carry in public in CA unless you are LE or a licensed security guard). I think it would be a good question for a lawyer versed in such matters, but my first thought would be that a written policy allowing firearms might involve more liability than have no policy at all and “expecting that people will follow the law.”

I’d guess that from a liability standpoint, the safest approach might be to have a “No guns.” policy, but I don’t agree with that, so I’ll operate on the assumption that everyone is an adult and treat them accordingly.

Posts: 7072 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Nope, posted signs no concealed, no open, no. They even stated you could not have a firearm in your vehicle but the state said fuck you to that so they can’t stop us from keeping a firearm locked in our vehicles but they will never let us carry inside the workplace. New card swipe metal detector things just to get in the building and I’m not willing to risk my job and career to find out if they are actually metal detectors.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12930 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post