SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do you allow guns in your workplace or does your employer allow it?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you allow guns in your workplace or does your employer allow it? Login/Join 
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Hell, we even have 2 airsoft pistols laying around and if it's close to quitting time and slow we do little uspsa style shoots in the warehouse.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
My boss is just about as pro 2A as you can be, but with the possibility of having to go to MD or DC any given day without notice I can't carry. Also due to the nature of my job and all the lefties we serve I don't want anyone seeing it as I bend over or crawl into small spaces. I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving it in my van either. So I go unarmed.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21107 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We cannot have weapons on any company property, including parking lots.

Posts: 282 | Location: SE Georgia | Registered: December 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
Sign here reads:
Guns are welcome on premises
Please keep all weapons holstered unless need arises.
In such a case, judicious marksmanship is appreciated.

Posts: 1966 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Out of sight, out of mind.

I have noticed that most who work in the construction industry have guns.

Posts: 13291 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eat, sleep, fish.
Forced to work.
posted Hide Post
None. Immediate dismissal if caught unless locked in your trunk and/or in a locked safety box inside your vehicle, and they don't even seem to want to allow that.

Posts: 720 | Location: MN | Registered: January 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
As long as the employee has their GWCL, keeps it, ( mostly ) concealed, they can carry at work. The owner is very pro 2A and a well trained firearms aficionado. A number of us also have long guns readily at hand.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No policy preventing it. Several do carry discretely.

Posts: 841 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Hell, we even have 2 airsoft pistols laying around and if it's close to quitting time and slow we do little uspsa style shoots in the warehouse.

You guys hiring? Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Out of sight, out of mind.

I have noticed that most who work in the construction industry have guns.

One of the guys driving a semi onto the land by my son's bus stop that got cleared out last week hopped out and was open carrying. I eyeballed it right. "Hey!" He turns and sees me waving and smiling. "That's a Gen 1, right (Glock 17)?" He immediately broke into a huge grin and said "Yessir, I prefer old-school!" I gave him a thumbs up and said "I like your style!"

I didn't say anything about Glock out loud, I figured "gen one" about anything he had going on with his equipment was ambiguous enough and he rolled right along with it. It was a cool "secret handshake" kinda moment, lol. Big Grin

Posts: 17622 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Yes. Only one place in the building I can't due to safety issues.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 4859,

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1gkek:
No policy preventing it. Several do carry discretely.

That's my office, too. HQ is in California, and I would think it would be frowned upon if known there, but since there's nothing in the employee handbook, no punitive action, I would think.

I don't work at HQ, however. In my regional office, the top guy carries concealed every day. As do I. We share gun stories and take the team to the range for team-building exercises. I share my new acquisitions with him (my P365 recently, and an LCP II later this week -- if the shipping goes well).

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Timdogg6:
I am the owner, I make them show me a valid CCW permit and company policy is no round in the chamber, concealed at all times, required to be in a holster even if in a purse etc.

How do you deal with employees that want to carry a revolver?

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4945 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I’m on a military base, so hell no.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17597 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Strictly prohibited. I had an employee whose husband was a DEA agent. The whole family had been threatened by some really bad hombres. The whole family was relocated. But before they left, lets just say that I was aware that she had a Glock in her purse. The purse was locked up at her desk, but accessible. She was licensed to carry, but just not at work. I had plausible deniability and overlooked it given the circumstances.

Posts: 1072 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
No firearms on any company property. We do however have a nifty run, hide, fight training video available.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 739 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p113565:
We cannot have weapons on any company property, including parking lots.

Parking lots? Must be a Fed job, otherwise your car is an extension of your home.

Posts: 5536 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Oklahoma State Law states that employers may NOT restrict what may be in vehicles and that they may NOT search your vehicle.

Of course, government land, etc is exempt from that rule.

Posts: 11982 | Location: Near Hooker Oklahoma, closer to Slapout Oklahoma | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
No guns in the building nor in cars in the parking lot. Many co-workers park in the street.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4945 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Strictly and unconditionally forbidden. Getting caught with one on premises, including in your private car, is cause for summary termination of employment. Yeah, we're a gun free zone. The CEO claims to have an open door policy and any number of times I've been tempted to go talk to him and try to explain the stupidity of such policies, but realistically the only thing that would do is make me a target for HR.

Posts: 7399 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Timdogg6:
I am the owner, I make them show me a valid CCW permit and company policy is no round in the chamber , concealed at all times, required to be in a holster even if in a purse etc.

That seems to be a bit odd. Confused

Why not limit them to one bullet in the front shirt pocket - Barney Fife style? Razz

Posts: 23193 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post