SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do you allow guns in your workplace or does your employer allow it?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you allow guns in your workplace or does your employer allow it? Login/Join 
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
All of my employees are required to have their license (we have a few options in Missouri), and any of them can carry on the job if they wish.

Same so long as you have your CCW. They must follow my customers' policy when on their property. We get excited when people's ammo shipments show up at my business Smile

Posts: 1823 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Criminals, by definition, do not worry about following the law, or corporate regulations!

That is why they are called CRIMINALS!

Ssshh, not too loud, or anti gun Liberals might find this to be true.

/sarcasm.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NO firearms on any company property, personal cars, parking lots, ect… This will not be tolerated, no exemptions, no exceptions... Except firearms are allowed in personal vehicles during any open hunting season... Now from my perspective, Coyote season runs year round in our area...lol

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No weapons of any kind. Can't even take a steak knife to cut your lunch.

Posts: 3682 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
My wife and I own our business, we have a posted sign inside that states "NOTICE, lawful concealed carry is permitted here."

One of the reasons why we own our business, we set the rules regarding our 2nd Amendment Rights inside.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1919 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
Federal employee in a Federal building, not a snowballs chance in hell.

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phantom229:
Federal employee in a Federal building, not a snowballs chance in hell.

Same here until I retired three years ago. For my first ten years I worked at ammo depots inside workshops with arty projos, hand grenades, WP, various missiles & rockets, 400kt warehads, etc., (not at the same time), but no handguns for us. Yeah, the guard force was armed.

Posts: 16003 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I've always been Crazy!
kept me from goin Insane!
posted Hide Post
Yes. But I own a gun store. Side note in the state of Kansas an employer cannot prohibit you from keeping a firearm in your vehicle even on their property. According to K.S.A 2014 Supp. 75-7c10(b), “Nothing in this act shall be construed to prevent: (1) Any public or private employer from restricting or prohibiting by personnel policies persons licensed under this act from carrying a concealed handgun while on the premises of the employer’s business or while engaged in the duties of the person’s employment by the employer, except that no employer may prohibit possession of a handgun in a private means of conveyance, even if parked on the employer’s premise.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.
Author unknown

Posts: 2182 | Location: Lyndon,KS | Registered: November 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
I've been retired for 10 years now, and the owner died 13 years ago. But back in the day there had been a rash of armed robberies in the area. So the owners grandson and I went to him and asked permission to bring guns into work. He laughed at us and said he had his, why didn't we have ours. Kind of a different perspective on life. He'd been a Master Sargent before WWII. He took no shit from anyone.

So the general manager and accounting type got together without asking the owner and decided a no firearms of any kind would be good. I got a good laugh out of it. No way I was opening the subject with the owner, he'd already stated his view to us. So then one day the elderly lady who acted as the personel person happened down our end of the hall. She waddled into my office to find me with the owners Camp Perry 1911 on my desk, field stripped and getting a cleaning. I had to do a good job because there would be a white glove inspection when I finished.

So the old lady almost screamed and ran down to her end of the hall. I assumed straight to the accountant and general managers office. I was hard at work, using way more cleaning rags and patches than I'd use on a gun of my own. So up the hall marched the pussy corp to confront me. The problem was the owner had the office across the hall from me. Smile Over came the owner to check my progress, and to see what the uproar was all about. It didn't go well for them. He gave them a look that only a Master Sargent can muster. Back down the hall they go.

So the owner chuckles and goes back to his office and in comes his grandson. He'd been listening. We both wondered if the entire vigilante committee would bounce before landing across the road, or if they'd make it in the air from his kick. I then learned that the anti gun policy didn't apply to me, his grandson, or the owner himself.

After the owner died, one of my "tasks" was to help clean out his office and the vault room. The old guy didn't have even a single rifle or shotgun in the building. He was a handgun man. Yes, he had more than one. Some were great, like his 1911, others not so much like his M27 Smith that had been refinished with a shop grinder. No surprise there, except that all were loaded up and ready to go play.

I can see the wisdom of not having all the low paid employees come in armed. They would outnumber us. But I doubt if they would have superior weapons or shooting skills. A few of the minority employees would discuss going shooting after work. That implied they at least had guns in their cars. But they, like many gun people, seem to be good guys.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18394 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Ours is posted 30.07, No Open Carry.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15980 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
In my company, which I sold 8 years ago, our policy coincided with state, local and federal laws except we did limit open carry for employees. Customers, no problem concealed or open carry. In Texas that meant if you wanted to carry, you needed a CHL (now LTC) and as long as you had that and followed comprehensive safety practices, you could carry. Exception was delivery drivers which we required they either didn't carry or the secured their weapon in the truck. Since they were jockeying two wheel dollies loaded to the max and sometimes going up stairs at customer's locations we didn't want the possibility of flashing to cause any issues. In the 20 years we ran the business only one employee, a female, carried and her's was in secure holster in her purse. I didn't carry at work but did have a pistol under my desk.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No weapons allowed. States it in the employee handbook. It is a family owned business. I wear a jacket that has a gun logo on it. The owner commented once that he likes my jacket, so I know he's not anti-gun. In my book, I'd rather keep it to myself if I am carrying or not & I value keeping myself protected more than keeping my job.

Posts: 537 | Registered: March 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
We are allowed to carry at work. Medical Courier. Hospitals and stuff. If we are caught with a weapon, it is instant pink slip.
We had an inspection recently and our regional manager made sure we carried one in the chamber!

Posts: 2044 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
If you come into my business without a gun, we will issue one to you.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31383 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
Lamentably no. As goes my oppressive State so goes the firm I work for.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8653 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Yep. You let me carry when I worked with you.

quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

Posts: 2044 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I'm not even supposed to have a knife.
(any of the many knives I carry every day. lol)
Caught with a gun would mean termination and arrest.

Posts: 21345 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I've been carrying for the last 5 years at work. Never asked, and I don't tell. Its a family owned business and I don't think they'd have a problem with it. But, I've been thinking about stopping. I'm a welder/fabricator and am under a helmet a lot, and have ear plugs in so my situational awareness really isn't what it should be. Plus, I'm getting a 3M ADFLO system that's on a big belt so my belt holster is now out. That means another smaller gun that I could pocket carry. Plus, the added noise of the fan unit won't add to situational awareness problem.

Posts: 7650 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
My last few jobs haven't allowed it. In fact, I thought I got flagged pretty hard when a manager walked past me and a magnet I had just charged flew and clung to the slide of my Glock that I was carrying at 3:00 through my shirt and hoodie. He paused, and furrowed his eyebrows and I calmly peeled the magnet off me and said "belt buckle" and and gave a "whatever" expression and went on his way.

quote:

This is a business model that I could be more than willing to support.

Posts: 17622 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:

Yep. You let me carry when I worked with you
quote:
You would not have been welcome, if you had not been carrying. Wink

Martin-who-works-with-me, has a name for everybody. When a woman who was doing some work at the hangar took her jacket off, Martin noticed the pistol on her belt and promptly dubbed her "Annie Oakley."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31383 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post