SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Starbucks CEO: We're going to hire 10,000 refugees...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Starbucks CEO: We're going to hire 10,000 refugees... Login/Join 
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I'm not paying $5 for a shitty cup of coffee before this information, so the choice is easy for me.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How many fugees have applied to Starbucks already? How many will in the future? They live off our dimes and do not want to work 9 of 10 times.

End of the day Circle K coffee is the best!

Posts: 881 | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
......For those familiar with army coffee brewed in the field, we know about it. For those who do not, It is brewed in a 30(?) gallon kettle, over a gasoline burner.....

Just don't take a ladle and stir the kettle, putting grounds in everyones cup. I saw a KATUSA (South Korean) do that and he got his ass handed to him.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I live in Washington state, so there's a lot of Starbucks here. That being said, I don't think I've been in a Starbucks in the past two years. There are a LOT of locally owned coffee houses around here that make a great cup of brew. I'd much rather support the local small businesses than "Big Coffee" (Starbucks).
Tho local places are cheaper too.

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Support our local coffee.

Community Coffee

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
I so wish I frequented Starbucks so I could boycott them. But given I've never purchased a thing from them, ever, all I can say is 'what a stupid move by Starbucks'.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
I wonder how the investment analysts will look at this if they really do carry it out. Impact on customer satisfaction, measured by revenues. Impact on cost/productivity of employees, which results in profits. How will such key measures of business be impacted?

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MWills
posted Hide Post
Columbian Supremo and my DeLonghi EASM3300 Magnifica and I'm happily caffeined up. I don't even have to get dressed and being retired that's a good thing.
Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts can keep theirs

I was ​always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps ​getting harder to find one.

Posts: 392 | Location: Mark Twain land, MO | Registered: August 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Starbucks CEO: We're going to hire 10,000 refugees...

I doubt you will, especially if few people buy your coffee. There are not enough mind numbed Lefties to support that knuckle-headed plan.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
The media and unwashed masses will suck this up, but starbucks won't do crap. Free publicity mostly.

Think about the published numbers they gave.
10K over 5 years spread over 75 countries. Big F-ing deal.

My math makes that about 26 hired per year per country. (assuming even spread)
Roughly 1 per store worldwide.

TD

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts
Picture of GRIZZLYBEAR
posted Hide Post
Great move Starbucks***I don't remember the last time a bought any Starbuck products and this move will insure I do

Posts: 1895 | Location: SOMEWHERE IN,, PA USA | Registered: May 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two places I never set foot into since 1989 . BofA and Starbucks.

Posts: 656 | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
I'm not paying $5 for a shitty cup of coffee before this information, so the choice is easy for me.

Who pays $5 for a cup of coffee?

It's comments like that that make me believe that those who are saying Starbucks is crap coffee haven't actually had one of their coffees, at least not in years.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Starbucks expanded there business in my area by installing the shops within local supermarkets. Seems quite popular by the yoga pant clad mommas as well as the millennial crowd. I personally find both their coffee and politics rather bitter.

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe this isn't a bad thing. The refugees might displace the Hipsters. Could get interesting.

Wait a minute didn't Starbucks promise to hire a bunch of veterans too? How many people is Starbucks going to hire?

Posts: 4591 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dave7378:
This guy is planning on running for POTUS in 2020. Count on it.

^^^^^^^This

Should he guarantee pumpkin spice lattes year round with a successful campaign, we're doomed because the female voter base will vote in droves.

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CD228:
Maybe this isn't a bad thing. The refugees might displace the Hipsters. Could get interesting.

Wait a minute didn't Starbucks promise to hire a bunch of veterans too? How many people is Starbucks going to hire?

Smart move in my mind. If one of their new refugee employees yells aloha snack bar, there will be a vet there to neutralize them.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
So, is Starbucks going to find homes for all these refugees? Maybe farm them out to the homes of current employees? How many can the CEO take into his place? Maybe move in next door? Same for all the Hollyweird idiots. "Let them In, Take them in"! See how long that lasts.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by charlie12:
Support our local coffee.

Community Coffee

We like several of their coffees.

Posts: 3596 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Overpriced swill

Posts: 107599 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post