SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Have a Samsung S4 that is dying. How hard to go to I phone
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Have a Samsung S4 that is dying. How hard to go to I phone Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I did try and went back to Android. The biggest issue for me was the lack of the "back" button on iPhone.

Posts: 1809 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
^^^^On iPhone you don’t need a button, you swipe.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 4012 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
Your daughter sounds intelligent, and an experienced iPhone user. She can surely help you if you need it. Or any teenager!

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member of FPC, GOA, 2AF & Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2872 | Location: Tucson Sector | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I finally decided Android tech required more effort than I was willing to give, is I went iPhone. A week later I switched my computers all over to Apple. I no longer have the time or patience to deal with it, so I got equipment my feeble mind could operate.

Posts: 17253 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I considered getting a new battery but . Need to update os and cannot update the os. 1 app i need is life 360 . It will not work on this phone. Have an older friend we try to keep tabs on. So it look like I am going to an iPhone shortly. Thanks for all the responses and suggestions. Any help from my daughter will have to wait as my second grandbaby is due the 31st of this month.

Posts: 560 | Location: Dothan, Alabama | Registered: August 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
You can probably get all the help you need here.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Ton of info here.

Link

Collecting dust.

Posts: 4173 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
It’s easier going from Android to iPhone than vice versa. iOS is much easier and faster to navigate.

In your opinion. I find the exact opposite to be true.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
I have been on Android since the s4, moved to s6 and now have an s9. I have been carrying an iPhone 8 for work alongside the s9 since February. I hate everything about how the iPhone works, nothing about it is intuitive to me.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AirmanJeff:
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
It’s easier going from Android to iPhone than vice versa. iOS is much easier and faster to navigate.

In your opinion. I find the exact opposite to be true.

I started out with Android and IOS is easier to operate to me. Most people that I know that have used both will tell you the same thing.

And don’t get me started on how Google tracks you. You should be paid by Google every month for using their OS.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 4012 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
I made the switch from Samsung to iPhone in Feb 2019. It was a lot easier than I expected. They are a lot alike.

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1797 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I switched years back and if there is one thing I would change is wait before doing IOS updates, follow the reviews. I recently updated prematurely to the iOS 13 and had to work thru some issues and had to hard reset it a few times.

It doesn't take away anything from using Apple products over the years and otherwise completely satisfied.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post