SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bayliner verses Grady White verses Regal
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bayliner verses Grady White verses Regal Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I prefer an outboard to any type of inboard engine, and particularly any I/O engine.

An outboard is designed to power boats. Period. A Yamaha outboard is designed to run in salt water and does so around the world. The Somali pirates use Yamaha outboards to highjack ships. The conch fisherman in the Bahamas uses Yamaha outboards. The outboard motor is external to the vessel. It is self-contained and easy to access for repairs.

An inboard engine is inside the hull. It requires holes in the hull to function, including cooling water and a hole for the propeller. The inboard engine has several feet of rubber hoses inside the boat, and if the hoses fail the boat fills up with water. (There should be a seacock (valve) on any thru hull fitting. Make sure you know exactly where it is so you can find it if there is suddenly a foot of water in your bilges). The I/O engine has a massive hole in the stern for the outdrive. The inboard engine is based on automobile engines and is "converted" for marine use.

The Grady White is a rigorously engineered craft and the clear wnner here. It will hold it's value the best.

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2183 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Suppressed:
quote:
Originally posted by jgerge222:
Stickman: Do you know how they get the boats up on those wooden runners/skids shown with the Grady White? Don't want to derail your thread, just interested in how it is done.

Here is a picture of my boat on a forklift being transferred from the rack to a trailer:
html upload image

Stickman,

If I could afford a Grady White, that is the one I would choose due to the safety factor of them being unsinkable and their overall quality.

I am also a Parker owner! I have had my 2120 for 21 years. Bought it new in Deale. Great boats!

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2183 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post