SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What do we like for a slip on shoe to make a trip outside
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do we like for a slip on shoe to make a trip outside Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The fuzzy pink ones are on special at Walmart. They are a real conversation starter.

Posts: 17244 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Ended up ordering Birkenstock boston clogs. Nice fit. Seem pretty comfy but don't have any time in them yet. Nice and light the leather looks like it is really good quality. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19196 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
I know I am late to the party. Crocs makes an outdoor rugged pair up to size 15. I have these and can't say enough about them. Soles are made of different material and with stand all my outdoor adventures. Hell people compliment and ask where to get them. They are called all terrain crocs. Adjustable heel strap etc. For shits and giggles give them a peek on Amazon. Happy hunting. John.

Posts: 2877 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.duluthtrading.com/...49521.html?color=DBR

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8351 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I wear Sperry Topsiders unless it’s flip flop weather (the pool).

I had a pair of LL Bean comfort Mocs for years till they finally died.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11290 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
Crocs are like Glock. Not pretty or fashionable for some.

They just work.

Posts: 1353 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with MCMike, I’ve worn Sperry 3 eyed Billfish for a long time, on about my 12th paid, if I don’t have work boots on it’s the Billfish. I do have a pair of Birks that are really growing on me though. I used to laugh at the thought of slip on shoes, now that I’m in my 60s, I’ve come to appreciate them and the more slip onable the better!

Posts: 457 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Among boat shoes I found Dunham's leather boat shoes to be great in the extra wide I need. Look identical to the 3 eyed topsiders. I have two pair. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16226 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More light than heat
Picture of Milliron
posted Hide Post
I wear a pair of wool fleece lined Sorels in the winter. Known as my “wood getting shoes”, I pretty much do everything in them.

"Age does not bring wisdom. Often it merely changes simple stupidity into arrogant conceit. It's only advantage, so far as I have been able to see, is that it spans change. A young person sees the world as a still picture, immutable. An old person has had his nose rubbed in changes and more changes and still more changes so many times that that he knows it is a moving picture, forever changing. He may not like it--probably doesn't; I don't--but he knows it's so, and knowing is the first step in coping with it."

Robert Heinlein

Posts: 8799 | Location: West Chester, Ohio | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Not leaving home with them - just a trip to the mailbox or to get something out of the car

Walmart

Posts: 4011 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signewt:
recently acquired "Sketchers" slip on for an economy trial $54. So far so good.

----------------------------------

I've been wearing Sketchers for the last 6 months or so and love them. Easy on/off and very comfortable.

Posts: 3852 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post