SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What do we like for a slip on shoe to make a trip outside
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do we like for a slip on shoe to make a trip outside Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
my old broke down oboz's time had come. Now I need a slip on shoe to make trips outside. I have rough terrain and will wear in all kinds of weather. Take a leakSmile out to the shop or shed. Get firewood etc.
With or without socks. I know many or you know the drill. Thoughts.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19675 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Jungle Mocs.

Posts: 20520 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Jungle Mocs.

Yep.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7253 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Merrel makes a very similar shoe called the Moab Adventure Moc. Somewhat flatter sole, which I prefer.

Posts: 9019 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. where do you guys order from with good pricing and reasonable or free shipping?

Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
recently acquired "Sketchers" slip on for an economy trial $54. So far so good.

Posts: 9872 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I prefer LL Bean Slides. They are leather, an have a flat, low bottom and the part that goes over the heel is lower, so I can put them on without using a finger or shoehorn. I see that Amazon offers a version. I'm off LL Bean for a while, so I may try Amazon.

Posts: 17245 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
I try to avoid ordering shoes because of sizing issues... wherever you order from make sure they have easy returns... in case they don't fit.

Collecting dust.

Posts: 4172 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was going to say crocs for quick trips, but just did the split in the snow in my driveway.

I do like the light weight muck boots

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1139 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Muck boots. Yep, even in shorts in the summer for a quick trip out back. No one behind me to witness the sexiness.

Posts: 17944 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
https://www.zappos.com/slip-on-shoes-for-men

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39185 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Sketchers has a variety of shoes great for that.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38188 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I've been wearing Clark's slip-on shoes for at least 10 years.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16628 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
I prefer a slide for easy-on/easy-off. I've had a $15 GBZ pair from Kohl's that have to be 20+ years old and they get kicked on and off at least once a day.

Do a search for "closed toe slides". All sorts of options.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3600 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Crocks seem to work best for me.

Phu Bai, Vietnam, 68-69
Baghdad, Iraq, 04-05

Posts: 39 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: April 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Usually I'll go out in a pair of Quoddy ring mules or Magnanni slippers.

Super comfortable and I don't think they have ever seen socks.

More than once have I worn them to town and will get another pair when they wear out.

Posts: 9384 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Thanks guys. where do you guys order from with good pricing and reasonable or free shipping?

Merrel has lots of sales and free shipping offers. I usually go with that or Amazon as the prices are often similar or identical, but this is as good as I've seen.

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/e...AvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Posts: 9019 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just checked Amazon and they are 65 bucks if you can be flexible on the color. And they will be there tomorrow. lol

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
I've been wearing Clark's slip-on shoes for at least 10 years.

I hope you gave your socks an occasional breather.... Big Grin

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6400 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Usually I'll go out in a pair of Quoddy ring mules or Magnanni slippers.

Super comfortable and I don't think they have ever seen socks.

More than once have I worn them to town and will get another pair when they wear out.

Nice, expensive but nice and made in Maine.