SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cooking Bacon - Pro tips
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cooking Bacon - Pro tips Login/Join 
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
I think there is some confusion on smoking cured pork belly to make bacon or smoking bacon slices on the smoker to cook it.

I've done the former a lot. I need to try the latter.

Ya know now that I think of it - never actually smoked bacon (after creating it) either, might have to give that a try.
The problem might be for me waiting for it to get done. Frown

Posts: 22904 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
George Foreman grill. Drains the bacon fat to be used later. Bacons are nice and crispy. You can find these at garage sale and thrift stores on the cheap. Make sure you get the ones with removeable plates to be washed in a dishwasher.

Posts: 1350 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
I tried the OP’s method and it worked well.

Posts: 4105 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am far from the grandmaster of bacon but I will enjoy it to the world's end.

Not sure if anyone here has tried it before but Kayne Prime steakhouse in Nashville slices a "huge", with emphasis on the "H", of slice fat-back and tosses it into their 2,000 F oven and pulls out a beautifully crispy, choice piece of bacon. And then to tops it with.......cotton candy!

Yes...its sounds like blasphemy...but it tastes like Heaven!

If they are still open and it's still on the menu...I highly recommend.

Posts: 584 | Location: Helena, AL | Registered: July 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:

I tried this exact oven process @ 380 w water for 25, turn then 5-10 more, and got great results.
It takes a little longer than a skillet BUT definitely a much easier clean-up.
Bacon crispness is perfect but not burned.

Thanks
Billy

Posts: 268 | Location: SE Georgia | Registered: December 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
I think there is some confusion on smoking cured pork belly to make bacon or smoking bacon slices on the smoker to cook it.

I've done the former a lot. I need to try the latter.

Oh no confusion, its easy to tell the difference in a pork belly and sliced bacon Big Grin

You should try the smoked slow cooked bacon on your smoker, it's damn good, you can cook it floppy soft or crispy for bacon bits on salads and anywhere between.

Plus you can drink a cool beverage and have a cigar while doing it, just cook at least twice as much as you want, because the first batch won't make it more than a few minutes...

I need to try the OP's water method...

Posts: 23424 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p113565:

I tried this exact oven process @ 380 w water for 25, turn then 5-10 more, and got great results.
It takes a little longer than a skillet BUT definitely a much easier clean-up.
Bacon crispness is perfect but not burned.

Thanks
Billy

Thank you Billy. Big Grin

And to the others who are not afraid of the dihydrogen monoxide! Wink

Now I wanna level up and make my own bacon.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
^^^ Hat Tip Cool Cool Cool

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post