SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    BMW M2 Competition -- Oh dear...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BMW M2 Competition -- Oh dear... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Do you have a manual transmission? Even looking at the M4 Convertible with the manuals I don't seem to be able to find any with cooled seats. Do the cooled seats work off the same switch as the seat heat or different switches?

Thanks

Posts: 1132 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigfan Roy:
Do you have a manual transmission? Even looking at the M4 Convertible with the manuals I don't seem to be able to find any with cooled seats. Do the cooled seats work off the same switch as the seat heat or different switches?

Thanks

DCT, the manual M5s are pretty rare. It's a different switch for heated and cooled seats.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4621 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
best "drivers-car" M ever

No. The E30 was the best "M" driver ever. This was mine. Wish I still had it.

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by italia:
No. The E30 was the best "M" driver ever.

Haha! I hear ya. My first was an e28 528e. It wasn't incredibly powerful, but it was torquey enough and handled great. Still, I think many of the guys reviewing this new M2 are pretty versed in the lineage. And with 400+HP, it certainly does have an appeal.

Posts: 11395 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shovels are far cheaper than universities. They also provide a better education. I suggest getting one for each of your kids as a hint....before they see your new car.

Posts: 887 | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by phydough:
Shovels are far cheaper than universities. They also provide a better education. I suggest getting one for each of your kids as a hint....before they see your new car.

Might give them ideas on accessing my life insurance, no!? Eek Wink

Back in Black
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
best "drivers-car" M ever

No. The E30 was the best "M" driver ever. This was mine. Wish I still had it.

Now that is nice!

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
I've driven most of the M cars after several visits to the BMW Performance driving school and the regular M2 (it had some crazy $8K brake upgrade) was by far the best driving experience out of all of them. It's a fantastic car.

quote:
The E30 was the best "M" driver ever. This was mine. Wish I still had it

I bet you do wish you still had that, it would be worth big bucks in that shape today.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2272 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
I respect your decision to consider the M2 but aside from buying a 458 Italia the Porsche Cayman (particularly in one of its higher performance versions) is the best sports car you can drive hands down.

The mid engine handling, the steering feel, and the best brake set up on the planet all combine to provide one of the most engaging driving experiences you can have.

Do yourself a favor and take one for a spin...as they say:

Porsche, there is no substitute!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6332 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
I respect your decision to consider the M2 but aside from buying a 458 Italia the Porsche Cayman (particularly in one of its higher performance versions) is the best sports car you can drive hands down.

The mid engine handling, the steering feel, and the best brake set up on the planet all combine to provide one of the most engaging driving experiences you can have.

Can they be had (in reality) for under $60k?

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Not the Italia.....

A lightly used Cayman, yes. Personally I’d only want one of the last flat 6 models before the change to turbo 4. For that money you can get a low mileage well optioned base Cayman from 2016.

As to needing the higher trim/power options this is a perfect example of being better driving a slow car fast than a fast car slow.

We have a ‘15 GTS and honestly would be just as happy with a similarly optioned base Cayman, would have save $25K or so and would never have missed the extra power and trim bits.

The driving experience of all these is incredible and you should test drive one. We had no serious plans for this to be on our short list, but one drive and we couldn’t get it OFF the list.

Porsche site has a preowned search tool that allows a good view nationally and will also show those with a CPO coverage if you want that.

ETA - just looked and you can have a 2016 Cayman S with 13K and CPO for an ask price of $58K, so easily yes.

Seriously, just drive one.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12440 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
R0gue, if the M2 is in your budget, go for it. You only live once.

+1
Nice car.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24171 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Yes, see Georgeair's post... I've actually had better luck buying Porsches off of a lot rather than buying from a private seller. Private sellers have a tendency to get too emotionally attached to their car... My wife and I have had such great times in this car, etc., etc. Car salesmen just want to move cars and don't know anything about previous owners. They are a bit more easy to negotiate with. YMMV.

BMW or Porsche if you decide to buy, enjoy your new ride!

Posts: 7562 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
It will look good with a German watch.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
It will look good with a German watch.

Having just watched First Man, I think an Omega SMP is in order. Now, which one must go is the question. One in, one out policy.