SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Fatal ND at KY gun shop
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fatal ND at KY gun shop Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:

Or we could wait for the investigation to be concluded after all evidence is gathered and witnesses identified to render a decision.
You must be new here.
Big Grin Big Grin

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31341 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I had a customer come to the counter wanting to sell a pistol. She said “It’s unloaded.” I told her “Give me the case and I’ll open it.” So I drop the magazine and she said “See, the clip’s empty.” Which it was.

I then rack the slide and guess what ejects? Yes, a live round hits the counter. Guess her definition of unloaded is different from mine.

When I hand a customer a firearm from a showcase, the wall or inventory it’s checked before I place it on the counter or in their hands. And before I put it back wherever it came from it’s checked again even if it hasn’t left my hand.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8350 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Or we could wait for the investigation to be concluded after all evidence is gathered and witnesses identified to render a decision.

You must be new here.

LOL

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14138 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our Safety guys used to say " There's no such thing as an accident ".

Posts: 4234 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
I recall in the past that some local gun shops would display used long guns on open racks that anybody could pick up and inspect.
While it is not likely but it is remotely possible a person (dirt bag anti) could have put a live round in a gun. At later person picks up the gun and if they fail to check it & point in safe direction, well stuff could happen.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4221 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post