SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    California coffee shop bans cops for ‘physical and emotional safety of our customers’
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

California coffee shop bans cops for ‘physical and emotional safety of our customers’ Login/Join 
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hasta Muerte

"To Death"

You've got to be kidding me.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
But would they serve a gay cop? If not then they are in for a lawsuit...

Posts: 1443 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
They just want to ensure they stay a shithole

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3795 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Just curious. What if a cop said “bug off” and just had a seat at a table. Who does the business call, the cops????

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8222 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
This seems more discriminatory than the cake and gay couple thing.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6327 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Every time you think you’ve heard the stupidest thing you could possibly imagine; a new day dawns.

You forget the same stupidity was going on in Portland 7-years ago...
Red & Black cafe shows Portland officer the door, won't sell him coffee again

Posts: 14699 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Dear Bloods, Crips, Latin Kings, MS13 , etc.

The following establishment, Hasta Muerte Coffee , is off limits to law enforcement. Please feel safe and free to claim this as your turf

This. Sounds like some thugs need to offer protection. At a cost, of course. Say, 25% of receipts, paid every Monday to the courier, in cash, in a brown paper bag. Or we break your legs.

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
I have often said that if NYC and Calif. were to break off and float out into their perspective oceans no one would miss them.

I'm sure they will probably think of some other grop to exclude in due time.

They are probably paranoid because they are all or mostly all illegals.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It seems strange to be able to arbitrarily "Ban" or deny service to anyone who is behaving, able to pay and buying a commodity item.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13410 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:

Where did my America go?

Its being flushed down the toilet several times a day now. Frown

Posts: 10056 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They should very conspicuously post a sign on the door to that effect and police should respect it when the 911 calls come in. Big Grin

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2897 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Dear Bloods, Crips, Latin Kings, MS13 , etc.

The following establishment, Hasta Muerte Coffee , is off limits to law enforcement. Please feel safe and free to claim this as your turf

This. Sounds like some thugs need to offer protection. At a cost, of course. Say, 25% of receipts, paid every Monday to the courier, in cash, in a brown paper bag. Or we break your legs.

It might be that most of their customers are criminals anyway.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I firmly believe in giving the customer what they ask for. Time for a press release from the police; something along the lines of-

"We've been asked not to frequent this business establishment; we can assure you that police will not be found anywhere near the business. Any calls to respond there will be prioritized to a very low level at the owners request."

Like ringing the dinner bell for criminals.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15632 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I would be just the opposite. If that were my store, I'd give officers free coffee and build a good relationship with them.
I certainly wouldn't fit in there.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16538 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm so old, I recall when cops were welcomed in.
Where did my America go?

Not just welcomed but encouraged to come in and they got free coffee to boot. Actually, I'd bet there are still places that welcome cops in my town.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let me get this straight. I have to bake a homo a cake or be sued out of business, but I can eject an officer from my establishment? Does anyone but us see where this path is leading?

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1120 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Build the wall!

Add some north-south pieces.

"You can take your pistol and stick it so far up your ass, the muzzle of it is visible when you cough."

Posts: 1248 | Registered: February 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jumbo 54, same with me & my small town.
If troopers or sheriff dept are the restaurant, I quietly ask the waitress for their check. I remain
Anoonoymus. I don't want them to think they owe me anything.

Posts: 5769 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I want to see the people who patronize this business to understand the type of people who are concerned for their physical/emotional safety from cops.

And if this has something to do with illegal immigrants, then ICE should have a dedicated presence in the area.

I'd check it out myself but I don't go near the shit town of Oakland.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12762 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm so old, I recall when cops were welcomed in.
Where did my America go?

Yeah, me too.

I am so old that I remember walking down the street in my home town and being greeted by the county sheriff and chief of police. Just one of those, "Hi, I am sheriff xyz. Do you have any questions for me, or issues with which the sheriff's department help?"

Same kind of greeting by the Chief.

My mother ended up joining the police department a couple years after I went in the army.

Don't know about anyone else here on the forum, but I always greet LEOs. Shake hands with them and thank them for their service.

A number of them tend to get a little uncomfortable when they see me change direction and head for them, but end up with a nice smile and thanks for the courtesy.

Those guys have a really hard job and each and every one of them deserve our thanks.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post