SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    USPS is accusing me of mailing a gun when I mailed a barrel.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

USPS is accusing me of mailing a gun when I mailed a barrel. Login/Join 
Picture of Rick Lee
posted
I sold a P226 .357SIG barrel only to another SF'er a few months ago. I foolishly skipped the insurance, though I sent it USPS Priority Mail, which includes $50 of insurance. The barrel never arrived. USPS claimed it was delivered, and it may well have been, but the buyer never saw it.

I filed a claim with USPS and instantly lost because they said it was delivered. Oh well, case closed because they claim it was delivered! Such idiots.

I appealed, said it may have been delivered, but it was not delivered to the correct address. Their next letter totally ignored my appeal and said I cannot mail guns USPS and asked for a copy of my FFL. Can you believe this? I appealed again, told them a barrel was not a gun and can be mailed and received in any state via USPS sans FFL. Once again, they ignored that appeal, sent me another letter saying case is closed and reminding me that I cannot mail guns without an FFL.

I refunded the buyer his money, but at this point I just want someone at USPS to acknowledge their utter incompetence and ignorance. Not like my US Senators' staffers will care at all. But I'm getting close to finding someone at USPS on LinkedIn and writing them a longer letter than USPS allows in their 255 character online appeal template. I hate everyone.

Posts: 3550 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Stubborn, haughty ignorance. Gotta love it.

I hate everyone too.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30431 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Two words, "machine parts" Razz

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6220 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Small claims court?

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I hate everyone three!

My attitude is getting worse every day.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38721 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
The USPS needs to be abolished, pensions stopped and the union disbanded while its leaders charged and convicted for racketeering.

They warned us that service would become worse and the prices go up.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34138 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Contact your Postal Inspector and/or your Senator/Congressman constituent services. You may be surprised. Oh yeah, almost forgot. Never use the USPS again.

Posts: 17148 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
They know damn well a barrel isn't a firearm that requires FFL transfer. They simply don't want to re-open the case, and are throwing static at you until you just give up. Same game that insurance companies often pull.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16387 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sent some important training material to a friend; he was in a hotel in Miami. I sent two packets. One arrived. The other was sent to a distribution center. I called. They said it was delivered. No, it wasn't. it was sent to the distribution center, by USPS, not to the address on the package. They insisted my friend had to come pick it up. He didn't have time.

I was told it would be sent back to me, after ten days, if he didn't get it. Months later, it's just gone. I'll never see it. I insisted it wasn't delivered until they took it to the address on the package. They disputed that, and refused to talk about it. Hung up.

Unimpressed.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
‘Consistently wrong, but never in doubt’.

Yep. Sounds like the USPS.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6424 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Stubborn, haughty ignorance. Gotta love it.

I hate everyone too.

I cannot think of another entity I have more hate for than USPS. I hate them with genuine hate.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
Come on at least USPS has some competition. IRS does not.

Posts: 17279 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
^^^^^^^^

No they don't, propped up by tax dollars and not made to compete in the real world

Posts: 5350 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ask them to provide the GPS where the package was delivered.

We had a package scanned delivered that we didn't receive. GPS showed it was scanned about 2 miles away.

Posts: 7022 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
^^^^^^^^

No they don't, propped up by tax dollars and not made to compete in the real world

I thought the USPS operated without the aid of tax dollars.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30431 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
Ask them to provide the GPS where the package was delivered.

We had a package scanned delivered that we didn't receive. GPS showed it was scanned about 2 miles away.

The same thing happened to me with a pair of Sig P220 night sights. Even though USPS found the carrier delivered to the wrong house by checking GPS, I never received a refund. To make matters worse the person who received my night sights lied and said they never received the package.

Rick Lee,

I hate to say it but I suspect you will be out the money. USPS does not give a crap about their customers losses.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by remsig:
Rick Lee,

I hate to say it but I suspect you will be out the money. USPS does not give a crap about their customers losses.

I know and I can live with this. I can't live with someone who works there thinking I need an FFL to ship a barrel and that that somehow gives them license to completely ignore my complaint. I'll be tracking down the appropriate boss about this and will pursue it. Don't care about the money.

Posts: 3550 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mailed a time sensitive tax document from MA. to NH. Less than 90 mi.away.Paid big bucks to have fast and documented service. Calling usps when it failed to arive and using their tracking number indicated it was in a post office facility, farther away from my address than its arrival . This went on for a MONTH ,each time getting farther away. NO apology or refund of postage. In their way of thinking they fullfiled their duty as the package arived at its destination!! Sure glad the govt.is'nt involved in anything vital like healthcare.

Posts: 141 | Location: Ma. | Registered: November 18, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
quote:
Originally posted by remsig:
Rick Lee,

I know and I can live with this. I can't live with someone who works there thinking I need an FFL to ship a barrel and that that somehow gives them license to completely ignore my complaint. I'll be tracking down the appropriate boss about this and will pursue it. Don't care about the money.

I stayed in the Postmasters ass and his bosses ass until I got my refund. Just a note; Most of the representatives in D.C. really don't like the USPS. The USPS only has a limited amount of time to respond to Congressional Inquires.

Posts: 7022 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I guess I should add that I mailed my tax documents to my CPA on 04/11. I used USPS Priority Mail. Tracking shows that packet sat in Phoenix for a month and then got delivered to my CPA in MD on 05/14. My Congressman is David Schweikert and I think his case worker would be sympathetic. But I want to try to reach a boss at USPS on my own first. I did this with an issue with Sears years ago. I found the right person on LinkedIn and we had 62 mutual connections. I figured out her email and my phone rang at 7am the next morning with profuse apologies and assurances they'd fix it within 30 min. They called back 31 min. later to confirm.