SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Army of Barkness : Police K-9 Takedowns
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Army of Barkness : Police K-9 Takedowns Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Good boy Max!
quote:
Man Who Opened Fired On Police Sustains Wounds To Genital Area

Aug 8, 2022

A man free on bond for unlawful carry out of Bexar County is arrested for leading Harris County Pct. 4 constables on chase, opened fire on them with fully-automatic gun.

Jyquon Mackey was caught by a K9 officer and sustained puncture wounds to his hands and genital area.

From ABC13:
quote:
"The chase began just after 1 a.m. Friday when deputies tried to pull the suspect over in the 12600 block of Jones Road near Cypress N. Houston Road.

Deputies said it's unclear why he didn't stop.

When Mackey tried to get onto SH-249 from Grant Road, deputies said he pulled out an automatic handgun and fired approximately three shots at officers.

No one was hit…

Investigators said Mackey crashed into an SUV, hitting people who were not involved. None of them were seriously hurt…

After the crash, Mackey got out of the car with his handgun and fled on foot, deputies said.

A DPS chopper and Constable K-9 Max were able to track him down in a nearby wooded area.

Mackey reportedly refused to shows his hands while hiding in a thick brush. That's when K-9 Max was deployed and performed a bite and hold.

The suspect was rushed to an area hospital for puncture wounds to his hands and genital area.”

Mackey has been charged with attempted capital murder, evading in a motor vehicle and unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.

Link with Pics and Tweets

The video in the links says the gun was converted to full auto, but the list of charges don't include the gun charge.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, the sack strike- the most effective of holds by K-9s.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
A man free on bond for unlawful carry ... opened fire on them with fully-automatic gun. Deputies said it's unclear why he didn't stop.

That's some cracker jack reporting.

Posts: 994 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaveL:
quote:
A man free on bond for unlawful carry ... opened fire on them with fully-automatic gun. Deputies said it's unclear why he didn't stop.

It’s a talk radio host’s, Michael Berry, site. You cherry picked a comment out of what Michael Berry wrote on August 8th and then put it alongside what the local ABC wrote on August 5th. The people on Aug 5th likely didn’t know the turd was out on Bond.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DaveL:
quote:

It’s a talk radio host’s, Michael Berry, site. You cherry picked a comment out of what Michael Berry wrote on August 8th and then put it alongside what the local ABC wrote on August 5th. The people on Aug 5th likely didn’t know the turd was out on Bond.

The ABC article from 8/5 says he was carrying an illegal automatic firearm and driving a stolen car, either of which might illuminate the profound mystery of him not stopping. And it took me two minutes to find his arrest record online which shows he’s out on bond (and a news story that he was shot in May 2020). I point this out because a lot of what passes for journalism these days is pretty low effort.

But this thread is about dogs doing the Lord’s work, so back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Posts: 994 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Para, that the the best video I've seen in a very long time. It's truly inspiring on several levels. I loved it. And I'm still only on page one of the thread. A-W-S-O-M-E !!! I'm tuning in tomorrow night to finish ALL of the pages.

I think my favorite, so far, was the perp getting chewed in the ass wearing a fucking pink t-shirt. And the fucker was STILL resisting arrest ! Oh I think I just figured it out: "Ok, I'm being chewed in the ass by a highly trained police K9, soooo..., oh yea, I'll just keep fighting the K9 AND the Officers, until I win this game. Yea that's it ! Just fight them and I'll eventually get away ! Yea that's the ticket ! Damn I'm so fucking smart... I hope this is on video !!!" So, my guess is that perps like that have to be the most stupid mother fuckers on planet earth. Good lord.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8657 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
The video in the links says the gun was converted to full auto, but the list of charges don't include the gun charge.

Those are usually Federal Charges which can take a couple days....it also could be that the media only used information from the state charging probable cause statement and warrant.

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Smile

Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Pat pat pat . . . "good job good job" " He's fast"

Love seeing a professional at work Smile

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Having a door gunner on cop choppers is a true need. Damn the consequences!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Ok, just finshed page 2 of the thread, and I'm re-naming it, "Enhanced Chew 2.0". Damn I'm really enjoying this. We may need a permanent new category, Enhanced Entertainment.

Posts: 8657 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The last clip- single bite nut-munch

If memory serves, that is called the "Johnson Strike". Named after Sgt. Peter Johnson and his K9 Hoden of the Vicksburg, Mississippi PD, who used it back in the 1950s.

WE have a WINNER !! and it's only page 3 !!!

Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
All of the dogs grabbed and held on except for the nut cruncher.

Why did that dog not hold on to the ball sack?

Some Police K9's have mercy, and it's hard to train the Male dogs to quit being so merciful from time to time. But the Female K9 dogs however, don't seem to suffer from this particular malady.

Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Morgan:
It must be hard to cuff as those dodgs are pulling on their arms!
Last one is funny. No more kids!

Of course it's hard to cuff when the K9 is doing his job. But when you think more about it, who's fucking fault is that ? The dog fills a vital role that keeps officers alive, and for that it seems like a more than reasonable tradeoff. If the dog is not holding, then bullets may be needed instead. If the perps are smart they should be thanking the K9 for bites instead of bullets. Except.. perhaps.. for the Johnson maneuver, that might need further consideration....

posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Smile

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dOYACNHScYM" title="K-9 Leo Captures Armed Burglary Suspect in Ocala, Florida" width="1280"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

"He was fast, but not fast enough"

LOL. Love it.

Good dog.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of papaac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
Having a door gunner on cop choppers is a true need. Damn the consequences!
+

I hear you; was just thinking that an Apache fully armed might work.

"Among a people generally corrupt, liberty cannot long exist." Edmund Burke

Posts: 4974 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: August 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
This thread never fails to make me smile.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
All those Big Boy activities on his rap sheet, but screaming like a little girl as the K-9 officer continues to hold onto his leg. Love it!

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6723 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rsbolo:
This thread never fails to make me smile.

Humans aren’t the only one enjoying this thread… That dog hiding behind all the shrubs is 100 pounds. He’s a monster compared to his brothers. Just took his first kill three days ago.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post