SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Army of Barkness : Police K-9 Takedowns
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Army of Barkness : Police K-9 Takedowns Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
That was intense. Glad the officer will be OK and the pooch is OK.

I'm guessing the guy running out of the tire shop chasing after the SUV was the vehicle owner. That'd suck to have your vehicle in a tire shop, and some turd steals it, gets lots of his blood in it, and crashes it.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23263 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
This guy first kicked at the K9 but then really screwed up when he got the K9 in a leg lock. The K9's handler took great exception to this and used the perp's own tennis racket to go all Carlos Alcaraz on his ass.

Link

Posts: 7314 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Jezzus, who trained these guys. Never use handcuffs until the sb ject is under control.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3591 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107604 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I think the officer picked up his accent from bloodhounds rather than Malinois.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Still, a rather convincing impression, wouldn't you say? It gave the impression of coming from a bit of a distance. Well-done, and quite clever.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Yes, sounded like the hound pursuit scenes in Cool Hand Luke.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Fur missile: deployed

https://twitter.com/NewsPhotog.../1714464661306044514

According to Phoenix Police radio traffic:

Officers attempted to initiate a traffic stop on a vehicle observed traveling at a high rate of speed.

The suspect refused to yield, and felony flight was established.

Officers initiated tactical surveillance operation, tracking the suspect from above with the Phoenix Police air unit while grounds units fell back to a safe distance.

The vehicle eventually made its way to a residential neighborhood near the intersection of 35th Ave & Roeser Road, where at least one male fled on foot.

It is unknown that male was the driver or if there were any additional occupants who fled.

Police established a perimeter as the man fled through multiple residential properties.

The man eventually climbed onto the roof of a residence and attempted to jump onto the roof of a neighboring house.

The suspects jump fell short, resulting in him falling onto a recycling bin.

Officers rushed towards the suspect and deployed less lethal munitions as he began running towards the neighboring home.

A Phoenix Police K9 quickly caught up with the suspect, successfully bringing the foot pursuit to an end.

The suspect was quickly taken into custody without further incident.

Phoenix Fire crews responded to the scene and transported the suspect to a local hospital due to injuries sustained during the arrest.

The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Dude never had a chance once they released the hounds on him. He was on the ground being tossed around before he even realized he wasn’t running anymore.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3852 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I saw that one and was going to post it myself. Couple things:

First, the dog was the only one who knew what the hell they were doing. As soon as dog came off the guy, he took off on the cops again.

Second, if some shithead has a hold of my dog's head, I am punting bad guys head into the next fucking yard. It is K9 Team for a reason, not just an officer who holds the leash and gives the dog treats.

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I saw that one and was going to post it myself. Couple things:

First, the dog was the only one who knew what the hell they were doing. As soon as dog came off the guy, he took off on the cops again.

Second, if some shithead has a hold of my dog's head, I am punting bad guys head into the next fucking yard. It is K9 Team for a reason, not just an officer who holds the leash and gives the dog treats.

If his head is still on his shoulders that would technically be a place kick, not a punt. Not a bad thing though, you would get more distance.

But seriously, Your post is useful to me and I suppose to people like me who aren't close to the mean streets sometimes see the entertainment and not the street-violent situation

Posts: 6396 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post