SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Army of Barkness : Police K-9 Takedowns
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Army of Barkness : Police K-9 Takedowns Login/Join 
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
My son commanded an Army multinational Battalion size Task Force in Korea. One of his units had US Army K9 working dogs. He participated in the dog training one day, wearing the Red Suit. One day. He said he ain't doing that again.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Note to self: Don’t wait to cooperate and obey commands until after the dog has been released. Otherwise, see the dictionary definition of “too late.”

Yes. Around here you tend to hear, “Stop or I’ll send the dog.” Or “Come out or I’ll send the dog.”
The only rational response is, “No need for that Sir, I’m stopped.” or “No need for that Sir, I’m coming out right now.” I’d think it was strange that you never hear one of those rational answers, but then most folks don’t get K-9 sent after them because of their excellent ability to make good life choices. Wink

Posts: 6864 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Git 'im, Red!

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107222 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Give Red a bone! If he hasn’t already removed one from the bad guy.

Posts: 12167 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

As a matter of fact, I think all K-9s should be taught the sack strike, the nad nibble, the pecker wrecker, whatever you want to call it.

'course, that may be a problem for the bitee, since the dogs seem quite reluctant to let go much of the time. Razz

Don’t forget that shaking action.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Who's a good boy!

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Git 'im, Red!
That's just not fair. Ole Red earned more time than he got with that fine gentleman. Wink Good boy.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Git 'im, Red!

Florida Man meets Volusia County Sheriff

Posts: 23207 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
I just love all of these and the other "Working Dogs".... You wanted to be the no-complaint _________.. Guess you will listen the next time if given the chance by the limp wristed attorneys(both sides of the courtroom) and same like thinking judges.......... drill sgt.

Posts: 1938 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
Loved every one of those, even though I had seen many of them it was still cool to watch.

I was a K9 handler in the USAF but I never had the chance to turn my dog loose. The dog and I caught a few airman cutting across the flight line at night but our work was to guard the alert aircraft.

Posts: 3848 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What happened to the video Para posted a couple days ago with five take downs? I can’t find it.
And I couldn’t stop laughing, especially #4. I want to send it to my son.
Techno challenged apparently.
Thanks!

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScotP7:
What happened to the video Para posted a couple days ago with five take downs? I can’t find it.
And I couldn’t stop laughing, especially #4. I want to send it to my son.
Techno challenged apparently.
Thanks!

My bad. It was the first post. Pardon.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
The fur missile is one of the most satisfying parts of the job. (seeing it, I'm not a handler)

Been part of quite a few in my career so far, including my favorite dog, Otto, from our dept. who was the best dog ever (and they all are good). He had 4 titanium canine teeth because he lost his real ones in various bites.

He and his handler helped me apprehend burglars, bank robbers, parole violators and a few other assholes over his career. Yet even me, who was NOT his handler, could walk up to him, pet him, rub his face, and play tug of war with his toy in the station. (obviously with permission from his handler first) But you DID NOT want to mess with that dog. May he RIP.

Great thread.

Nearly every K9 interaction is the suspects fault. They are given MULTIPLE chances to give up without getting torn up. It's always THEIR decision to get bit.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I have a running discussion with a friend at work that all bad guys getting ripped into by K9's sound the same. Smile

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3568 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Officer says Fuss (foos) twice, which is what we train them in German for heel. I think the k9 officer is telling his K-9 unit stay with me stay with me. I didn’t hear him say attacke or fass so the dog instantly knew what to do. Stay with me, then line of sight and take him down. Hilarious. “Yes sir yes sir”. Hahaha. Another one bites the dust.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12556 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
This is a damned good takedown but it isn't by a dog. I didn't want to start a new thread and I'm trying to post a link from twitter - I'm not a member so it may not work.

https://twitter.com/AsianDawn4.../1555597994736594944

Posts: 4671 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
Thought you guys would appreciate this....

Whelen, probably the largest light/siren equipment manufacturers in the country is having a little fun with the legends for their new switch panels:

Posts: 6336 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ooh, a sovereign citizen doggie treat! Jackass

Thanks for bumping this and sharing these. Is there something wrong with me that I kinda feel like the officers were *way* too patient with this idiot?

Posts: 6864 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
This is a damned good takedown but it isn't by a dog. I didn't want to start a new thread and I'm trying to post a link from twitter - I'm not a member so it may not work.

https://twitter.com/AsianDawn4.../1555597994736594944
What's he striking him with? That's not a knife, is it?

**edit**

OK, it was a knife. Is it me or does he not seem to be getting much penetration. That's why I thought it was an impact weapon.

Seven stabs, the last one high on the back, close to the neck. Did the thug live?