SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Two words. Apple. Fritters
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Two words. Apple. Fritters Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Fried Pastry. Both those things are yummy- fried and pastry.

You know you want 'em

Posts: 107742 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
YES!!!

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Hell do an online image search for these delectable sticky wonders and you'll salivate all over your keyboard Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16255 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
We buy these every Saturday from a local grocery store that absolutely knows how to make both apple and cherry fritters.

Com'on Saturday.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4241 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The good ones have a slight crunch to them before you get to the heavenly interior.

Posts: 107742 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I had fresh blueberry fritters last weekend. They was like glazed heaven

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10960 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
This reminded me that apple season is starting. There is a farm, bit of a drive but worth it, that is only open during apple season. They sell direct to public - various apples and fruits. But the main attraction for me are the apple products.

Apple fritters made fresh. With or without walnuts; I prefer with.

Apple donuts - these are actually my favorite. Apple flavored donuts with apple chunks.

Various apple pies. My favorite is the sugar-free apple pie. It’s still plenty sweet from whatever type of apple they use and the apple flavor really shines through without the extra sugar.

Fresh apple juice or cider.

This weekend may be the perfect time to go. Maybe go twice this season. Now and then later on (when they have pumpkin pies too).

Timely thread.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12761 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robbiedog
posted Hide Post
SIGforum for all your needs.....
I didn't realize I needed an apple fritter.....
dammit........

Posts: 136 | Location: East Texas | Registered: December 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Oh yes, apple fritters, if prepared right, are without a doubt, my favorite pastry. Mmmm.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5054 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
One of the very few things I miss from California - World's Faire Donuts in Hayward. Their Apple Fritters weight in at about 2 lbs.

Posts: 1353 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The good ones have a slight crunch to them before you get to the heavenly interior.

This! I was never a big one for sweets and there aren't many that I really miss, but apple fritters are one of the few. There's an Amish bakery near us that makes them perfect...cripsy exterior with a soft inside, and delicious filling. And glazing that melts in your mouth. When my wife would go shopping up there (about once a month), she'd always get donuts for her and the kids and bring me home a fritter.

These days I get cheese and celery. Good, but not the same. Frown

Posts: 8668 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:

this.

Perhaps the only pastry worth buying at a 7-11 while on a road trip. At least around me, it's the same supplier as Starbuck's but they charge half as much at a convenience store.

Posts: 3090 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
There’s a place on the Outer Banks of NC in the little town of Buxton that make these and calls them “Apple Ugly’s” and they are huge!
Makes my mouth water just thinking about them.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6333 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Those are my "get out of jail free card" with The Beautiful Girl.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12797 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
quote:

Agreed. Our local bakery makes good ones, but they don't fry them enough to make them a little crispy. When I worked on site years ago there was a bakery close that made them perfectly.

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1736 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Love apple fritters, and they love my waistline....

If you have a WaWa nearby, they sell them and they are fantastic, all day, but earlier in the AM with a fresh cup of coffee is best.

Posts: 23588 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fried Pastry. Both those things are yummy- fried and pastry.

You know you want 'em
*sigh* I miss apple fritters.

Used to be an excellent donut place just a couple miles down the road, owned and operated by a Filipino woman. Great donuts. Apple fritters to die for. Made honest-to-God, the real deal pącski (pronounced punch-kee) for Fat Tuesday every year.

Place is gone. Now all that's left in the area is Dunkin' and their donuts suck now.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah. Those 6 wouldn't have a chance.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13409 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love me some apple fritters from Sweet Apple Donut on Mcginnis Ferry Rd in Alpharetta.

I have found none that come close here in North Dallas.

Posts: 1076 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
quote:

^^ This ^^ My all time favorite way to find one. But, I have been good with my diet and haven't had one in months (:

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1382 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post