SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Two words. Apple. Fritters
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Two words. Apple. Fritters Login/Join 
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
My favorite pastry.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4842 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now I want one. . . .
No, two
Let's hope they don't have more then three in the display case.

Wait , one and a half is 1700 calories,

So if I don't eat anything else all day. . . . . .
I can make this work

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54706 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
The local Ingles bakery makes some pretty good apple fritters. I'm a steady customer.

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3814 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
In school, did they teach the Crimean War?

I think it was 1854, the village of Pine Grove, CA had a general store, Dougherty’s. Two guys got in an argument, one of them, named Hibbs, holed up in the store while the other guy waited outside. So a siege, right? Someone called it “Hibbs’ Sebastopol”. That’s now called a legend, it was the story I grew up with. My little country school, Spring Hill, was built in 1861.

While typing this I am finishing a delicious piece of Gravenstein apple pie with vanilla ice cream. My sister brought the apples over from Sebastopol to Sacramento where we are celebrating my younger granddaughter’s third birthday.

Posts: 18090 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Fried Pastry. Both those things are yummy- fried and pastry.

You know you want 'em

What happened to the donut slapper?

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 872 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Buried in the desert

Posts: 107740 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK no one to blame but myself. After all a man has to be responsible for his own actions, right? So after drooling like Pavlov's pooch all day yesterday I drove 60 miles roundtrip to get two crunchy heavily iced full of apples fritters from the nearest donut shop. Immediately devoured one like a starving dog and will have the other here in a few minutes with a gallon of Sunday morning coffee.

Posts: 148 | Registered: March 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Buried in the desert

Most unfortunate. After reading this thread, I'm in dire need of one.

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 872 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reluctantpaladin:
... yesterday I drove 60 miles roundtrip to get two crunchy heavily iced full of apples fritters from the nearest donut shop.

I sincerely feel for you. While I'm in flyover country there are plenty of quality bakeries and donut shops within easy driving distances. Don't know that I could handle an hour+ long round trip for some "fat pills." Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16255 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Donut Den in Nashville.

Posts: 996 | Location: Nashville | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
Funny timing. A week ago or so my 10 year old was reading aloud some Little House on the Prarie and they were having Apple fritters after a days work. I looked up this recipe and plan to make them with the kids soon.

https://soufflebombay.com/easy-apple-fritters/

Posts: 6382 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reluctantpaladin:
So after drooling like Pavlov's pooch all day yesterday I drove 60 miles roundtrip to get two ...
You drove 60 miles to satisfy a craving and you got only two??

Posts: 107740 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I drove sixty miles for pastry,
I'd take an over night bag.

Posts: 54706 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Whoopie!

Woke up from a nap and found my son had picked up a half dozen apple fritters for me! Had earlier told him I was craving some because of this nasty seductive thread! HA!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16255 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
Those and chocolate ‘eclairs are crack!

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.

Posts: 1311 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes Sir, only bought two. I wish I could say that my strength is that of ten because my heart is pure but in reality, had I bought a dozen I would have eaten a dozen. Quickly. You know, kind of like a hungry great white shark at a nudist beach full of nubile cheerleaders.

posted Hide Post
quote:
sincerely feel for you. While I'm in flyover country there are plenty of quality bakeries and donut shops within easy driving distances. Don't know that I could handle an hour+ long round trip for some "fat pills."

=================================================
It is a bit on the empty side here. Nearest Wally World is there as well as Lowes. Rural King is 60ish miles roundtrip in the opposite direction.

posted Hide Post
OOPS forgot to credit bald1 with the above quoted lines. My bad.

posted Hide Post
In my next life ,
My metabolism will be three times faster.

I will sell pastries, baked goods and candy in a small strip mall .
It will be called Pete's sweet treats.

The place next door will sell hot dogs brats and sausages.

It will be called Weiner WonderLand.

Next to that will be a pistol range called Holy Targets.