SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Great Lumber Bubble Of 2021 Has Popped
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Great Lumber Bubble Of 2021 Has Popped Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
There is some serious misunderstanding of the market on this forum. And yes if they prove to be right (unlikely) I will own up to my statements.

People love to predict crashes. The old joke is your buddy who has correctly predicted 12 of the last 2 recessions. It’s human nature.

I have a buddy who pulled out all of his 401k and put it in cash when the market was going down during the height of covid. Problem was, just like almost all Market timing, he didn’t have a solid plan on when to start buying back in. If you aren’t watching, the market is in the high 34’s right now, he’s still heavy on cash. Ouch.

Posts: 7498 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
bumber lubble what now?

Posts: 107604 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Yeah. The great Pumber Lubble has bopped.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
Had to pick up some 2x4's today.

A month ago, an 8 foot 2x4KD (Kiln Dried, as opposed to Pressure Treated) was $13.99

Today, it was $7.99.

Sales guy (a friend, I used to work there) said "And you're happy to pay only double what they were a year ago!"

Sad, but true...

Strange times. At this moment 2x PT is cheaper than 2x KD at our local yard. 5/4 PT decking is still high, though.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
It is coming alright. Wait till real estate "pops." It is going to get exciting. Eek

The real estate market isn't going to pop. It's drive by high demand and low supply. They stopped building during covid and even years before that.
Part of the low supply is government market manipulation for COVID preventing foreclosure. Somewhere between 2.1 and 3.9 million homes avoiding foreclosure due to various federal and state COVID moratoriums. FHA's expired June 30th, and several large mortgage lenders we're supposed to start pushing foreclosures after the 4th of July. This article aligns with conversations with two of my neighbors - one manages a title office and other in management at a mortgage lender. Adding 2.1+ million homes to the real estate market is likely to really shake things up.

With courts being shutdown, many locales also implementing things like temporary judges and temporary court rooms to catch up. Harris County (largest county in Houston Metropolitan Area) is doing this in the Houston's Texans' indoor football stadium.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23263 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post