SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Freezing grapes....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Freezing grapes.... Login/Join 
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I freeze Grapes fairly often, but only a serving at a time maybe 30min or so before I eat them. I think they taste better and have a better texture if they don't sit in tbe freezer any longer than necessary, just barely frozen and not dried out...

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
grapes except they are smaller in size and the skin is edible (not meant to be peeled)

Never heard of peeling a grape before.

What? You never heard of Mae West saying “Beulah, peel me a grape.”?

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8119 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Had never eaten grapes that needed to be peeled before, until living in Japan.

A friend offered me some, while at a tennis match, and found it pays to watch and learn, first. Wondered why the others were (carefully and politely) spitting out the peel... Razz

Back to the OP, really like frozen grapes and have always taken them off the stem.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
if ya'll like freezing grapes, try a sip or 2 of Iniskellen ice wine!

"All warfare is based on deception" Sun Tzu, The art of War

Posts: 552 | Location: Gulf Coast of SW Florida | Registered: August 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post