SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Off duty female police officer, in Brazil of course
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Off duty female police officer, in Brazil of course Login/Join 
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I see what they're talking about. As he starts to rise, she extends her pistol toward him, and he seems to react. But there is no recorded flash, so it either happens between frames as suggested, or it just looked like she shot a second time.

At any case, her training served her well. Maintain fire pressure until threat is confidently neutralized.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16319 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
He stops his forward motion / attack and his knees buckle, could that be a first shot with direct body contact?

That’s my interpretation after watching the video several times. He stops and starts to back up before the muzzle flash, so either he was reacting to the woman’s drawing her gun or it was in response to a first shot. The first is less likely, IMO, because he keeps closing with her even as she’s drawing, but then suddenly he stops and starts moving back. I believe it was at that moment when the first shot that we don’t see was fired.

These videos are, BTW, a nice demonstration of how unreliable eyewitness testimony is. How many people watched this one, probably several times and even at half speed, and yet are convinced they saw different things? A witness gets up in court, swears, “I know what I saw!” and someone goes to prison for life or gets the needle: Justice served.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47399 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
A couple of seconds after the obvious muzzle flash, there is another lesser flash reflected off the building in the background. It is very brief, just like the first one, just dimmer.
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
According to these internet videos everyone in Brazil is either a criminal or an off duty cop.
If the shoe fits . . . .

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post