SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Glock Watch, it's time for a Glock
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock Watch, it's time for a Glock Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Do these Glock watches have an individual serial number notating it’s number in the limited run?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21099 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Do these Glock watches have an individual serial number notating it’s number in the limited run?

From the sale page:

"Individually serialized as 1 of 3500"

"Note: You cannot pick which serial number you would like to receive. Boxes are sealed and are first come, first serve."

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38642 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
They should have called it CLOCK.

Big Grin

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38642 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
Anyone figure out who makes this or where it is made?

Posts: 438 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Niiiiiice! The individual serial number bodes well for its collector status so long as Glock doesn’t sell out with quickness and become greedy. The watch collector world would frown upon that mightily.

In the short term I can see these selling for well over their original price tag on the roulette wheel otherwise known as eBay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21099 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is one on eBay now, bid up to $460 and still three days to go.

Posts: 413 | Location: Kansas | Registered: August 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Calif Phil:
There is one on eBay now, bid up to $460 and still three days to go.

It was only a matter of time....

Posts: 23381 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RR:
Anyone figure out who makes this or where it is made?

quote:
Hi, thanks for reaching out!

The movement is Seiko, and the band is German. Let us know if you have any other questions, and thanks for being a GLOCK fan!

With kind regards,

Marketing

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16310 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
With kind regards,

Marketing

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Glock doesn't currently have a working Customer Service email, so I "reached out" to their marketing department instead. Smile

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16310 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
Glock doesn't currently have a working Customer Service email, so I "reached out" to their marketing department instead. Smile
And they "reached around"

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just watched the Glock watch sell for $632 plus $22 shipping on eBay. Yikes!

Must be the Chuck Norris commercial that pushed it over the edge. Wink

Posts: 413 | Location: Kansas | Registered: August 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PaPaP226:
Does the watch wear like a brick?

I don't think so. I think it wears quite well and I have no interest in selling mine, regardless of what's happening on eBay.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
I actually won one of these from Glock so being free, I'm looking at it different. I like the watch overall but it's hard to see the hands. I think the euro version has solid hands that are easier to see. I definitely like the mesh band over the green plastic one but it keeps sliding off the watch where it connects and I'm worried it will come off completely if I don't keep paying attention. Anyone know how to make it quit sliding out of the slot in the watch where it connects? I think I read somewhere that it's based on a Seiko Epson? watch. I'm no watch expert but I'd say it's a nice $200ish watch. At $400+, I'm not sure. I thought about just tossing it in the safe and not wearing it but I don't think it's going down the collectible road and I actually have been looking at watches so I'm wearing it. It's comfortable, the right size and looks good...especially when my G33 is on my hip...lol. Cool

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Seems like a nice piece for conceal carry.

Posts: 6452 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Skeletonized hands are nice when they still have markers on the hands like on the Omega Seamaster and Steinhart Ocean Two line of watches.

The Euro version (left) would be the one I would get based just on the more visible, easier to read hands. Shame they didn’t offer a green handset similar to the Euro’s yellow on the USA version. (Right)

It looks like this movement is the same Seiko movement found in the Prospex Chrono Diver and Prospex Speedtimer which retail for $400-600+ so I suppose it is not outlandish with the pricing compared to other somewhat similar watches with similar if not identical movements.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Can the European version be converted to tell American time? Smile

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:

Can the European version be converted to tell American time? Smile
Depends. Are you in a metric time zone?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ I don't know if the European ones convert over to American Time, but the Australian ones are easy to convert, you wear them upside down on your wrist.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8335 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Seems like something HK would do…. Probably with ALS

Posts: 5726 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post