SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Glock Watch, it's time for a Glock
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock Watch, it's time for a Glock Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:

^^^ I don't know if the European ones convert over to American Time, but the Australian ones are easy to convert, you wear them upside down on your wrist.
Yeah, but the hands on the Australian model turn counter-clockwise.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I heard you lose a lot of accuracy if you turn it sideways and try to read it.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16355 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Get yourself a Clock and lose that nickel plated sissy watch.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3534 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Now you can buy them w/o serial number for 299.00

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just not a fan of any solar powered watch. Give me mechanical or a battery. If it was my only watch and I wore it every day then no problem but if it’s in rotation with others you always have to leave it on a window sill or something.

Posts: 3921 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
Just not a fan of any solar powered watch. Give me mechanical or a battery. If it was my only watch and I wore it every day then no problem but if it’s in rotation with others you always have to leave it on a window sill or something.

My Citizen is in a windowless room & the ambient light from the next room & occasional lights on in the room is sufficient that it always shows a full charge.
YMMV, obviously

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15325 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Skeletonized hands are nice when they still have markers on the hands like on the Omega Seamaster and Steinhart Ocean Two line of watches.

The Euro version (left) would be the one I would get based just on the more visible, easier to read hands. Shame they didn’t offer a green handset similar to the Euro’s yellow on the USA version. (Right)

It looks like this movement is the same Seiko movement found in the Prospex Chrono Diver and Prospex Speedtimer which retail for $400-600+ so I suppose it is not outlandish with the pricing compared to other somewhat similar watches with similar if not identical movements.

I like the dial on the right, but the hands from the left.
The green hands seem to get lost. Not sure if it's the color or the skeletonized.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15325 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
Now you can buy them w/o serial number for 299.00

Looks like these have orange hands, etc. Maybe the green ones are numbered?

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38677 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Skeletonized hands are nice when they still have markers on the hands like on the Omega Seamaster and Steinhart Ocean Two line of watches.

The Euro version (left) would be the one I would get based just on the more visible, easier to read hands. Shame they didn’t offer a green handset similar to the Euro’s yellow on the USA version. (Right)

It looks like this movement is the same Seiko movement found in the Prospex Chrono Diver and Prospex Speedtimer which retail for $400-600+ so I suppose it is not outlandish with the pricing compared to other somewhat similar watches with similar if not identical movements.

I like the dial on the right, but the hands from the left.
The green hands seem to get lost. Not sure if it's the color or the skeletonized.

I agree. I have the one on the right but wish it had the hands of the one on the left.

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wasabi:

I agree. I have the one on the right but wish it had the hands of the one on the left.

Left-hand version for me - seems it's the only Glock I'll ever own again.

Posts: 11323 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
These things are so cool.”

“They tell time underwater! You can pour sand in them and they’ll tell time. Works every time. It’s a good choice.”

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
It's solar powered, so no worries about limp-wrist failures.

Posts: 2661 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:

My Citizen is in a windowless room & the ambient light from the next room & occasional lights on in the room is sufficient that it always shows a full charge.
YMMV, obviously

They must have improved them over the years because Citizen is who I was referring to. I had two that were both a pain in the but that ended up dying. Started out fine then needed to be left in a window sill in between wearing and then after a couple years of that directly under a lamp would be the only way to get them to wake up.

Threw both in the trash before either of them were ten years old.

Posts: 3921 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:

^^^ I don't know if the European ones convert over to American Time, but the Australian ones are easy to convert, you wear them upside down on your wrist.
Yeah, but the hands on the Australian model turn counter-clockwise.

I thought the Australians said they turn anti clockwise...

I'm sure all the folks who always say you get what you pay for will be all over this overpriced watch.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
I see the new one is in orange, that would pair well with my Astros gear.

Posts: 3502 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post