SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Question about a proposed rule change regarding the engraving of certain NFA items
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Question about a proposed rule change regarding the engraving of certain NFA items Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Any movement on this?
 
Posts: 114935 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by m499:
I encourage everyone to leave a comment at the link above in support of the ATF rule change. It only takes a minute and you can do so anonymously. You can also do it here:

https://www.regulations.gov/do...t/ATF-2026-0005-0001


Wow. Looks like over a thousand people did make comments.




Politicians seem to have forgotten that they work for us, not the other way around.
— — — — — — — — — — — —
God bless America.
 
Posts: 16404 | Location: VA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Para I am not an expert on this stuff just someone who has used the sytem a bunch, so thanks to advise, but why would you need new engraving on a Form 4 transfer. I completely get it on a Form 1. But it has to be made already for a form 4 or that has been my experience, is there some other transfer under a Form 4 that you need to mark it again? This regulation change to me is for the Form 1 firearms already marked by the mfg.


“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”
 
Posts: 11919 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I misspoke
 
Posts: 114935 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
https://x.com/GunOwners/status/2085047918495469923



_____________________________________________
Proverbs 3:31 "Envy thou not the oppressor, and choose none of his ways."
 
Posts: 9558 | Location: Great Basin | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
That's an amazing ruling, of course it will be appealed or they'll try to get a ruling in a Blue area to combat it then off to SCOTUS

If it all goes right, the NFA may just be eliminated... along with it's lists....
 
Posts: 28567 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Hell yes…great job GOA!

Now…do we get a M249S and M240-SLR now to convert after the NFA is killed, or find a dealer with a M249 and M240B on hand willing to take a deposit?!
 
Posts: 913 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
The best possible news today
 
Posts: 55334 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'd surely like to see them make a determination on this. With the recent attrition of NFA regulations, I am encouraged that this will become policy, but they seem to be in no hurry.
 
Posts: 114935 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am encouraged that this will become policy, but they seem to be in no hurry.

This needs to be pushed HARD by the DOJ.
Tell the ATF to get moving on the “clarification”.

I don’t see any evidence that DOJ will appeal the ruling. Does someone have any insider info?


--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.
 
Posts: 4550 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I have the feeling it will be sometime early in 2027 when we get the word.
 
Posts: 114935 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
During the "brace amnesty", I converted two AR type pistols to SBR. No engraving was required, the factory serial number was sufficient and is on the documentation. I suspect that might have allowed them to begin to see the light that since it already had unique individual factory stamped serial numbers, nothing more was required to be able to identify them. I do hope they authorize this change so that firearms can remain unblemished.



The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith
 
Posts: 3179 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Question about a proposed rule change regarding the engraving of certain NFA items

© SIGforum 2026