SIGforum
Question about a proposed rule change regarding the engraving of certain NFA items
August 01, 2026, 05:26 PM
parabellumQuestion about a proposed rule change regarding the engraving of certain NFA items
Any movement on this?
August 02, 2026, 05:13 PM
vthokyquote:
Originally posted by m499:
I encourage everyone to leave a comment at the link above in support of the ATF rule change. It only takes a minute and you can do so anonymously. You can also do it here:
https://www.regulations.gov/do...t/ATF-2026-0005-0001
Wow. Looks like over a thousand people did make comments.
Politicians seem to have forgotten that they work for us, not the other way around.
— — — — — — — — — — — —
God bless America. August 02, 2026, 07:51 PM
hrcjonPara I am not an expert on this stuff just someone who has used the sytem a bunch, so thanks to advise, but why would you need new engraving on a Form 4 transfer. I completely get it on a Form 1. But it has to be made already for a form 4 or that has been my experience, is there some other transfer under a Form 4 that you need to mark it again? This regulation change to me is for the Form 1 firearms already marked by the mfg.
“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”
August 02, 2026, 07:56 PM
parabellumI misspoke
_____________________________________________
Proverbs 3:31 "Envy thou not the oppressor, and choose none of his ways."
August 05, 2026, 01:00 PM
HRKThat's an amazing ruling, of course it will be appealed or they'll try to get a ruling in a Blue area to combat it then off to SCOTUS
If it all goes right, the NFA may just be eliminated... along with it's lists....
August 05, 2026, 01:49 PM
Creeping_DeathHell yes…great job GOA!
Now…do we get a M249S and M240-SLR now to convert after the NFA is killed, or find a dealer with a M249 and M240B on hand willing to take a deposit?!
August 05, 2026, 02:36 PM
nhtagmemberThe best possible news today
September 11, 2026, 10:52 PM
parabellumI'd surely like to see them make a determination on this. With the recent attrition of NFA regulations, I am encouraged that this will become policy, but they seem to be in no hurry.
September 12, 2026, 12:47 AM
KMitch200quote:
I am encouraged that this will become policy, but they seem to be in no hurry.
This needs to be pushed HARD by the DOJ.
Tell the ATF to get moving on the “clarification”.
I don’t see any evidence that DOJ will appeal the ruling. Does someone have any insider info?
--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.
September 12, 2026, 11:15 PM
parabellumI have the feeling it will be sometime early in 2027 when we get the word.
September 14, 2026, 10:45 AM
bettysnephewDuring the "brace amnesty", I converted two AR type pistols to SBR. No engraving was required, the factory serial number was sufficient and is on the documentation. I suspect that might have allowed them to begin to see the light that since it already had unique individual factory stamped serial numbers, nothing more was required to be able to identify them. I do hope they authorize this change so that firearms can remain unblemished.
The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It
The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith