SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NYT cites Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NYT cites Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/0...-brothers/index.html

"Harvey is convinced that this was a takedown," a longtime friend of Weinstein's said Monday.

Specifically, Weinstein has been telling confidants that he believes Bob is behind last week's damaging New York Times investigation and the board's subsequent decision to fire him.

"He feels betrayed by his brother," the friend said.

Posts: 19577 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did you come from behind
that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

"Harvey is convinced that this was a takedown," a longtime friend of Weinstein's said Monday.

You mean a takedown like on Roger Ailes or Bill O'Reilly? Gosh, that sure would be a shame Roll Eyes

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard

Posts: 2048 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
More accusers, however interesting, half way down the article Hillary tells the press about the similarities between Harvey and Trump..

Seriously lady, look in your bedroom, nope you won't find hubby there, but look at your husband for an exact copy...

Ask Monica
That Linky Thing

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:

Specifically, Weinstein has been telling confidants that he believes Bob is behind last week's damaging New York Times investigation and the board's subsequent decision to fire him.

All of this is nothing more than a power play by someone that wants his production company...The women speaking out now are nothing more than pawns, their mouths would be so tightly wrapped around HW's wiener, they still wouldn't be saying anything if not for a hostile takeover (or whatever this turns out to be). That's why I don't feel anyone of them are sincere in their quest to rid Hollywood of sexual corruption, because HIS is the only name we have heard yet everyone knows he's not the only one.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Somebody who actually warned women back in 2005 on national TV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g70XbYd0bZ8

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16701 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
It'll be interesting to see if this also gets traction:

Robert Downey Jr. Blows The Whistle On Elite Hollywood Pedophile Ring

More and more stories and news seem to be coming out on independent sites and blogs. What a mess.

Then again, this isn't independent, so to speak:

All The Other Harvey Weinsteins - By Molly Ringwald

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9159 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Somebody who actually warned women back in 2005 on national TV

From the YouTube comments:
"If Courtney Love, a B lister at best knew, then what about Harvey's A-listers? Are you surprised, yes all those celebrities you've been idolizing for years kept a secret from the public for a pay check."

"All the celebrities saying they didn't know anything are full of shit. Courtney is a B, at best, celeb and if she knew then all A celebs knew too."

"Even this crackwhore knew, but the big stars who hung out with him and Billary didn't? I call bullshit. Arrests must be made!"

"Problem is most (like her) kept her career rather then going to the police and lawyer when it happened to her. I don't have respect for anyone who didn't report and walk away but kept silent."

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:

The "article" looks to be on a very amateurish. Did you follow the links and do any sort of verification?

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Pretty soon, the only people able to get pussy in Hollywood will be other women.

Posts: 107599 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes, Harvey, he betrayed you, but it's not his fault. He was duped by the VAST RIGHT WING CONSPIRACY.

Asshole. Ever hear of personal responsibility? No, huh?

Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:

Yes, Harvey, he betrayed you, but it's not his fault. He was duped by the VAST RIGHT WING CONSPIRACY.

Asshole. Ever hear of personal responsibility? No, huh?

https://youtu.be/DjUOBVAbGhQ

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
BTW, in that Corey Feldman interview in which Bahbah Wahwah tries to shield her powerful friends from the truth, did you notice that Feldman said that Michael Jackson never touched him? I've maintained for a long time that Jackson never touched a kid, but rather was someone so out of touch with reality, he could not comprehend how the public at large would view his efforts to create a childhood that he never had. Through all those years of speculating about Jackson, it turns that a lot of the real thing has been going on in Hollywood since they set up shop a hundred years ago.

Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
I'm always amazed at the number of people who know about these things, but don't say anything.

20 years ago, the Oregon Governor had sex with a 14 year old girl over long period of time. (she's grown up and lives in Vegas now). Payments were made, which were arranged by a lot of people. Later, it was discovered that even the State Police knew, but said nothing, simply because it was involving the Governor.

SPEAK UP PEOPLE. Isn't the new slogan something like "See something, Say something"

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:

The "article" looks to be on a very amateurish. Did you follow the links and do any sort of verification?

Looks even less credible than Info Wars

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
I'm always amazed at the number of people who know about these things, but don't say anything.

20 years ago, the Oregon Governor had sex with a 14 year old girl over long period of time. (she's grown up and lives in Vegas now). Payments were made, which were arranged by a lot of people. Later, it was discovered that even the State Police knew, but said nothing, simply because it was involving the Governor.

SPEAK UP PEOPLE. Isn't the new slogan something like "See something, Say something"

Speak up to who? If the police say they can't do anything because it's "he said, she said", and the media refuses to cover it - who do you 'say something' to?

Several people said stuff about Weinstein - the media refused to give it any coverage or ask any questions. The police refused to get involved because it was always a "he said, she said" situation.

Lawsuits were filed and the choice becomes - either accept a large settlement or face a guy who has endless funds to hire private eyes to dig up every detail of your life and have every ex boyfriend/spouse put on the stand to drag your name thru the mud and it comes down to "he said, she said" on the stand. You're going to have to pay a lawyer to pursue that case and it's going to cost in the 6 figures and you're going to lose.

What exactly do you mean by 'saying something'? His actions were well known (because people were saying something) in Hollywood and ignored by the media and law enforcement.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:

But, but, but...The media was suppressing all those stories and they didn't have access to anything else like Facebook or Twitter Roll Eyes

It is rather funny isn't it? Somehow the beans are spilled and suddenly ignorance is feigned or folks courageously grow a conscience and speak up about ME TOO! Fuck everyone in Hollywood and all that support it. Nothing but a bunch of vile, no talent hacks with morals so loose a hooker would be embarrassed. Covering up this behavior is right up there with taking part in it.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thunderson:

#Me Too

Holy Crap. I'm a bit out of the loop sometimes but last night I found out that this is trending on social media. It would appear that nearly every woman I know, except the obviously sane ones, are victims of harassment now. Call me crass, or worse, but I swear some of the #Me Too folks are suffering from wishful thinking.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^
Now that's funny!!

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Was only a matter of time.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The Hell you say?

Hillary said this was well in the past. Roll Eyes

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36842 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post