SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who sells the best men's white crew socks?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who sells the best men's white crew socks? Login/Join 
Saluki
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxdog:
It’s difficult to find 100% cotton or at least over 90% cotton. The poly blends heat my feet like I’m wearing plastic baggies.

I’d like to find some blue cotton crew socks too. They go better with my jeans. They all seem to come in white or black.
make the switch to Merino wool somewhere around a 80/20 wool/nylon gets you long life and no swampfoot. I own zero pair of cotton socks with no plans to change that. A couple pairs of low 100% poly athletic socks for fashionable footwear.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5130 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by x5fan:
Thanks for all the reply's! I'm thinking of going back to Thorlo. I have had their socks before and they fit great and gave long service.

Don’t.

Having owned Thorlo (made with an acrylic blend, by the way) and Darn Tough (merino wool), there is no comparison. The prices are fairly similar, Darn Tough is a better product, also US made, and has a lifetime warranty. You wear out the sock, they send you new ones; FOREVER!

Posts: 2320 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
I can't remember the last time I wore white socks....

I wear whities just about every day with my workout shoes at the gym, and sometimes hanging around the house. Not when going out. I get cheapos at Target, and toss them without regret when they get worn out. Big ass bag of 10 or so sets are around $18. Suits me just fine. If you're wearing them everyday, I guess the more expensive brands might be better. I wear support socks when not wearing the whites because I like the massage felling they give. I notice most all of the brands mentioned here, there are very few whites. Just wild color combos which is not my style. I guess I'm a stuffy old fart.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non Nobis Solum
posted Hide Post
Athletic socks I generally wear Under Armor. Everything else is some version of smartwool with the exception of flying/distance driving when I wear compression socks from an obstacle course company called Mudgear.

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 3613 | Location: Charlottesville, VA | Registered: May 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post