SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who sells the best men's white crew socks?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who sells the best men's white crew socks? Login/Join 
Victory favors
Preparation
posted
Looking for some durable, lasting, men's white crew socks? I know this has been discussed before but the name of the company escapes me. What says the hive?

P226 X5 L1 9mm
P226r ST 9mm
P229 ST Elite .40 S&W

Posts: 342 | Location: Northwoods of WI | Registered: April 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Darn Tough
Duluth Trading
Thorlo

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty pleased with the Under Armour crew socks I picked up at either Costco or Sam's Club a year or two back.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
Darn Tough

Made in USA, wool (but not hot), lifetime warranty. They WILL replace worn out socks, guaranteed.

No need to look any further.

Posts: 2320 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
White? Channeling '70s McEnroe? Wink

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
My 'crew' socks are all Wrangler boot socks.
Most days I've got a pair of Ariat boots on, so these have been my go-to recently.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Darn Tough
Duluth Trading
Thorlo

+1 and I'll add Farm to Feet.
Darn Tough is my go to. Buy once, cry once.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't remember the last time I wore white socks....

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Darn Tough

All winter long.

Not much sock wear the rest of the year

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Never tried the Darn Tough socks but they have a good following here in Sig Forum. I wear One Tough and these will never wear out. Not a sock for Summer time weather. Generally 18 to over 22 bucks for 3 pair but I lucked out and got them for a lot less. What ever you buy, turn them inside out and see the build quality at the toe area. Good socks dont have gobs of string hanging from the toe area to make you uncomfortable. I will never waste money on poor quality socks.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
I will never waste money on poor quality socks.

I'm a firm believer in the old adage that you should never skimp on items that come between you and the ground. Shoes, socks, insoles, chairs, mattresses, etc. It's well worth spending the money to get high quality items and be comfortable.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
White? Channeling '70s McEnroe?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Removes the hassle of matching socks. That is worth it in itself.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure who makes Snap-On socks but they are really good and USA made.

Posts: 406 | Location: Kansas | Registered: August 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Calif Phil:
Not sure who makes Snap-On socks but they are really good and USA made.

Package says they're made by Eco Hosiery in Chattanooga, Tennessee.

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
White? Channeling '70s McEnroe?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Removes the hassle of matching socks. That is worth it in itself.

In my view they match nothing but tennis outfits, but I get it. Wink

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory favors
Preparation
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the reply's! I'm thinking of going back to Thorlo. I have had their socks before and they fit great and gave long service.

P226 X5 L1 9mm
P226r ST 9mm
P229 ST Elite .40 S&W

Posts: 342 | Location: Northwoods of WI | Registered: April 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
GoBros is a great source for several brands - sales often:
https://www.gobros.com/

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4561 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Puma. In bulk at Costco

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6295 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
When discussing socks, only one word need be mentioned: Merino.

Ditch the cotton and never look back. Thank me later.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s difficult to find 100% cotton or at least over 90% cotton. The poly blends heat my feet like I’m wearing plastic baggies.

I’d like to find some blue cotton crew socks too. They go better with my jeans. They all seem to come in white or black.

Posts: 1605 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post