SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Poor Bobby De Niro can’t retire, financial hardship, boohoo!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Poor Bobby De Niro can’t retire, financial hardship, boohoo! Login/Join 
Picture of GarandGuy
posted
According to this article on Foxnews Mr. Quintessential movie gangster and tough guy has fallen on hard times. His lawyer says he couldn’t retire if he wanted too. Frown

Cry me a River! I normally avoid “celebrity” articles but when I saw this about Mr. Liberal, Trump bashing, left-wing nut job I had to indulge. He may be a good actor and I'm sure he'll bounce back, but no sympathy here.

Here's the link to the article: https://www.foxnews.com/entert...sed-financial-strain

-----------------------------------------------
What's the sense in working hard if you never get to play?

Posts: 1074 | Location: On the outskirts of Richmond | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
What a dumbass. All the money that dipshit has made and he can’t hang it up? No sympathy.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3976 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
"His accounts and business manager ... says that the best case for Mr. De Niro, if everything starts to turn around this year, ... he is going to be lucky if he makes $7.5 million this year,” said Krauss."

Oh, boo-freaking-hoo. Poor guy's going to have to settle for ONLY $7.5 million in income this year. Such a hardship. Thoughts and prayers, Robert... You'll make it through, somehow.

Posts: 32538 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
I should be so (financially) lucky!

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Please stop consuming my oxygen Bob.

Posts: 2780 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RogueJSK:
"His accounts and business manager ... says that the best case for Mr. De Niro, if everything starts to turn around this year, ... he is going to be lucky if he makes $7.5 million this year,” said Krauss."

How can the poor man be expected to subsist on a mere $7.5million? Times are truly tough. Perhaps gofundme?

We trudge on (on a good deal less than $7.5million per anum).

Posts: 123 | Registered: March 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What an asshole. Fuck that guy.

Posts: 686 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: July 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
Is there a GoFundMe yet?

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4931 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He's just trying to get the settlement for his ex wife lowered. Nothing more nothing less. I hope she wins.

Posts: 3930 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
I'm living proof that a person can live quite comfortably on 1/100th of that salary. Poor Bobby. Roll Eyes

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1906 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
A chain of luxury restaurants and boutique hotels co-owned by actor Robert De Niro received at least 14 loans through the taxpayer-funded Paycheck Protection Program, according to government filings released Monday.

The aid, part of the federal government's $670 billion efforts to staunch the economic pain of the coronavirus pandemic and help small businesses avert mass layoffs, was worth at least $11.4 million and as much as $27.7 million, the data shows. The chain received relief for properties across the country, from Malibu, California to New York City.

The disclosure was part of a broader release by the Small Business Administration, which made public for the first time the names of businesses and nonprofits that received forgivable loans worth more than $150,000 under the $670 billion program. The agency did not disclose precise dollar amounts of the loans and instead provided a range for each loan, making it impossible to know the exact sum that Nobu received.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/mo...er-a-dozen-ppp-loans

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Maybe he should be as stupid as he claims Trump is. Trump doesn't seem to have any money troubles. STFU asshole!

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5689 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M-11:
I should be so (financially) lucky!

Fuck that, I'll take the alimony/AMEX expense account.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9696 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Zero eff's Bobby, zero.

Posts: 14671 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Maybe it's because the COLA for Social Security is expected to be ZERO this coming year. Sorry Asshole.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4235 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
Excerpt from a Gerogetown study:
https://cew.georgetown.edu/wp-...epayoff-complete.pdf

quote:
As Figure 1 shows, median lifetime earnings rise steadily for workers with increasing educational
attainment. Overall, the median lifetime earnings for all workers are $1.7 million, which is just
under $42,000 per year ($20 per hour). Over a 40-year career, those who didn’t earn a high school
diploma or GED are expected to bring in less than $1 million, which translates into slightly more
than $24,000 a year ($11.70 per hour). Obtaining a high school diploma adds 33 percent more to
lifetime earnings; the average annual earnings of people with a high school diploma are $32,600
($15.67 per hour). Clearly, then, the economic penalty for not fi nishing high school is steep —
almost $9,000 a year.

Having some postsecondary education, even without earning a degree, adds nearly onequarter of a million dollars to lifetime earnings. Annual earnings rise to $38,700 ($18.69 per
hour). Getting an Associate’s degree adds another bump of nearly $200,000 in lifetime earnings.
At $43,200 a year ($20.77 per hour), those with Associate’s degrees earn nearly one-third more
than those with just a high school diploma. Th ese numbers demonstrate conclusively the
advantage of non-baccalaureate postsecondary education.
Getting a Bachelor’s degree adds another large increase in lifetime earnings. With median
earnings of $56,700 ($27.26 per hour), or $2.3 million over a lifetime, Bachelor’s degree holders
earn 31 percent more than workers with an Associate’s degree and 74 percent more than those
with just a high school diploma. Further, obtaining a Bachelor’s is also the gateway to entering
and completing graduate education. About one-third of Bachelor’s degree holders obtain a
graduate degree.
All graduate degree holders can expect lifetime earnings at least double that of those with
only a high school diploma. For those with a Master’s degree (which includes those with Master’s
degrees in elementary teaching and in business administration), typical lifetime earnings are $2.7
million ($66,800 a year or $32 per hour).4
Moreover, earnings rise substantially for those with
Doctoral and Professional degrees: Doctoral degree holders have lifetime earnings of $3.3 million
($81,300 per year; $39 per hour) while those with Professional degrees (mainly doctors and
lawyers) have the highest earnings, making over $3.6 million over the course of a lifetime
($91,200 per year; $44 per hour). Th is is a 61 percent increase (nearly 1.4 million) over
Bachelor’s degree holders.

That's how out of touch Robert DeNiro is. His world is coming apart because he will only be making 7.5 million in one year. That's over FOUR LIFETIMES of income for the median American. It will take almost 180 years of work for the rest of us to make as much as he is making in one crisis year. Good for him, but he certainly won't get any sympathy from me.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3516 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
couldn't have happened to a nicer has-been Never Trumper...

Big Grin

Posts: 53215 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Poor "Noodles".

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Poor baby

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Left should look at DeNiro as the prime example of White Privilege.

Posts: 78 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post