SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Redox Signalling
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Redox Signalling Login/Join 
Picture of Poacher
posted
Anyone ever heard of Redox signalling and the supplements out there that supposedly deter disease, delay aging, help you sleep better, and a bunch of other things?
There seems to be a bunch of research out there by reputable people/universities/hospitals, so the physical condition is real enough.
I'm more interested in whether anyone has tried the supplements?

NRA Life Member

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 2243 | Location: Newnan, GA USA | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never heard of it.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just looked it up. It has to do with cell chemistry at the molecular level.
It may also have a contributing factor to hypertension.

I doubt the stuff they are selling will make much change.

If you have a problem with hypertension, I would see a cardiologist, not an over the counter non regulated pill.

I am not a doctor, lawyer or Indian chief.

YMMV

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poacher
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig2392:
I just looked it up. It has to do with cell chemistry at the molecular level.
It may also have a contributing factor to hypertension.

I doubt the stuff they are selling will make much change.

If you have a problem with hypertension, I would see a cardiologist, not an over the counter non regulated pill.

I am not a doctor, lawyer or Indian chief.

YMMV

The studies are talking about all kinds of diseases/ailments, but no, none of them mention "supplements" to help, hence my question.

I met a gal today from RSA that was all about a certain product and mentioned she has ceased to have migraines, so it peaked my interest as a migraine sufferer. Not enough to go full blown Jim Jones believer though.

There is a lot of science behind redox signaling, but little to none about the supplements the makers claim to boost it.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2243 | Location: Newnan, GA USA | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
This sounds like snake oil.

What seems to be the rage these days is the ketogenic diet. It might be snake oil too, but I'd say read some of this and see what folks are doing with their diets, it could be of help.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27022 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poacher
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
This sounds like snake oil.

What seems to be the rage these days is the ketogenic diet. It might be snake oil too, but I'd say read some of this and see what folks are doing with their diets, it could be of help.

Agreed. I have changed my diet and cut out a bunch of stuff. I don't get migraines often, but I hate them so much I'd rather not have them at all Smile

NRA Life Member