SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone want to have a hand at operating any of these machines?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone want to have a hand at operating any of these machines? Login/Join 
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
The factory made machines with safe guards on them, sure. The Farm made contraptions, hell no.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by apf383:
Wonder who's insuring them, and for what cost?

It's Russia. No OSHA, no insurance, no nothing.
About 100 years ago, we were in the same boat. I'm not sure when safety guards started to become common, but I don't remember many back in the 1940s.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
it used to be pretty common place in the late 60's, for farmers around these parts to clear out a fence line with dynamite , to remove the stumps.

I only saw it happen once, but remember hearing it four or five times.

many a time we went to a farm auction and while
wandering about the out buildings, you would see a wooden crate with 12 or 15 sicks in it , just laying next to the roofing nails and rat bait

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54704 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post