SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    You spent how much on a coffee maker?!?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You spent how much on a coffee maker?!? Login/Join 
Was that you
or the dog?
Picture of SHOOTIN BLANKS
posted
Either I am an easy mark or you guys are really persuasive. What has SF gotten you to get spendy with?

Posts: 1634 | Location: PA | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post

I've bought 2 Technivorm Moccamasters (1 for me, 1 for Dad)

I've bought 2 Baratza Virtuoso conical burr grinders (1 for me, 1 for Dad). BTW, you really need to get yourself one of these.

My gun safe and everything in it. Almost none of it is my fault Big Grin

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23260 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
I paid $316 for my moccamaster in Dec 2022. It's now $395 on Amazon. Eek

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Well, I suppose it does look expensive... but then I drink either 8 0'clock or Cosco coffee.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My $.02?
If that's your "thing", and you can afford it, go for it!

As one that appreciates a good cup of coffee- Enjoy!

Me? I need to stay out of the "watch" thread. Oh, that damn "you will get a Glock" one gets me every once and a while too...

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8349 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Guns for certain, knives for certain, watches for certain, flashlights for certain. The only affinity I had before SigForum is an affinity for fine writing instruments, Montblanc to be specific and nice luggages and office bags. I've ditch the luggages and office bags but I still have the pens.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19664 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
Girlfriend bought this one about a year ago:

https://www.breville.com/us/en...espresso/bes990.html

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1541 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Too many to mention.

Today it's cakes. I'm trying NOT to go to my local bakery for their ho-ho log or their flourless chocolate cake. At $50+ each, it's just not something in the budget right now.

I need to stay out of that cake thread today.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Was that you
or the dog?
Picture of SHOOTIN BLANKS
posted Hide Post
I made my first pot of Starbuck's Pike's blend and thought I was going to the Emergency Room. Getting it dialed in now.

Posts: 1634 | Location: PA | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Nobody cares today.
Report back tomorrow after you’ve had a cup of coffee!
Razz

Oooo see you had some just now. Tasty,eh?

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12418 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I had never heard of a Technivorm until SigForum and got one. Also never heard of Speed Queen until here and got one. I have bought so many things from recommendations here, but every single one has been absolutely spot on, worth every penny, and as good as people said it was. I find the best advice here.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Oh, I've spent a good deal of money on Sig forum recommendations over the years....but nothing like that.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
I had never heard of a Technivorm until SigForum and got one. Also never heard of Speed Queen until here and got one. I have bought so many things from recommendations here, but every single one has been absolutely spot on, worth every penny, and as good as people said it was. I find the best advice here.

This!

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8344 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still using my Technivorm. I picked it up from a Goodwill store about 10 years ago. Got it for $10.00 =)

Posts: 693 | Location: PA | Registered: August 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I bought a real fancy Zojirushi rice cooker last year.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I would not own a Thermapen were it not for SIGforum. I even gave them as gifts the following year! Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More light than heat
Picture of Milliron
posted Hide Post
Anything I use every day or that my life may depend on gets the “best I can afford” treatment. Things like coffeemakers, tires, guns, eyeglasses, flashlights, etc.

That said, SF did make me go down the flashlight rabbit hole. Already had the Technivorm.

"Age does not bring wisdom. Often it merely changes simple stupidity into arrogant conceit. It's only advantage, so far as I have been able to see, is that it spans change. A young person sees the world as a still picture, immutable. An old person has had his nose rubbed in changes and more changes and still more changes so many times that that he knows it is a moving picture, forever changing. He may not like it--probably doesn't; I don't--but he knows it's so, and knowing is the first step in coping with it."

Robert Heinlein

Posts: 8798 | Location: West Chester, Ohio | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
A Sig P220, a bunch of knives and probably some things I can’t think of right now.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Price is what you pay.

VALUE is what you get.

Posts: 11846 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Knives. No more knives for me!

Posts: 102 | Location: Kalifornia | Registered: September 17, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post