SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    You spent how much on a coffee maker?!?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You spent how much on a coffee maker?!? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Biggest forum driven purchase was a pair of Ed Brown 1911s. One for me, one for my father. Otherwise, haven't been pushed in any really painful directions. I will say the watch thread has tempted me a few times though...

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2740 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
I keep looking at the KBGV but my wife, who is a barista, says we don’t need it. I disagree. We currently have a Keurig K-duo, it’s our second one, the first lasted one year before the hot plate crapped out. At almost $150 on sale, what we have isn’t a bargain. We make an 8 or 10 cup pot every day but you can’t pour a cup without it leaking everywhere so we have to pour over the sink. My wife also has a Breville espresso machine that she paid $550 for. My argument is that the Mocchamaster will pay for itself over the course of the 5 year warranty.

Posts: 2338 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of skywag
posted Hide Post
I went cheap Keurig after the first expensive one broke and Costco took it back. The lady there said they had a lot of trouble with that one.

This one on eBay was $42 when I bought it. It works great.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/22574...tkp%3ABk9SR-CJtMLFYg

Posts: 174 | Location: United States | Registered: January 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
My wife just bought a good old-fashioned percolator.

All I've used for years. Sorry to be a contrarian, but I'm not paying half a grand for a coffee maker.

Half a grand is a grand less than I paid for my Sig, and I use the coffee maker every day. The Sig about 2x/month.

DF/DG

Posts: 56 | Registered: January 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"It's only money."

Said the guy who just spent all of his cat setting money on a Samsung A8 tablet.
Smile

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54642 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Mr.Coffee, Walmart, $29.97.

NRA Life

Posts: 1565 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post