SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bad News For All The Coffee Drinkers Here
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bad News For All The Coffee Drinkers Here Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I've been hearing about this for a while now.

Just checked my Go-To site for K-cups and the price hasn't changed yet. I normally order 12 boxes at a time and reorder when I open my last box.

Went ahead and ordered early this time, just in case.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15250 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
I only drink Kona coffee.

No production problems with it.

That’s great but do you understand how supply and demand work? When there’s 1/3 less supply of Brazilian coffee coming into the US, what does that do to all the other supply that now needs to try and fill the gap?

Posts: 33832 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
I only drink Colombian Coffee with beans hand picked by Juan Valdez.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
The price of coffee could double or triple and it wouldn't affect my life and yes I drink coffee. Eek

Posts: 22925 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Thanks for supporting Peets. Neither of you are in our distribution area but it still supports us indirectly. I may just have to have a Karma soon!

We like Peet's coffee ... lots of locations around Seattle !

Agree with RogueJSK would rather pay a higher price for fresh beans.

Smile

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I’m planning to stock up on a good supply of Aldi German roast and Gevalia, maybe enough to last a year or so until maybe things improve.

I'd rather pay 33% more than drink year-old stale coffee.

Agreed.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ogie:
Peets Major Dickinson Blend is my favorite. I usually drink it exclusively.

quote:
Originally posted by sybo:
Loves us some Peets! Major Dickerson’s!

It's definitely good. Alongside Cameron's Scandinavian Blend, Peet's Major Dickason (yep, it's Dickason, not Dickinson or Dickerson) is one of my two go-to "everyday/mass-produced" coffees.

I tend to have one of those two on hand most of the time, and then mix it up with a more expensive bag of fancier smaller batch beans from other roasters once a month or so.

Posts: 32528 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Well I'm good to go, frozen beans mean more cold brew coffee will be available, maybe my prices will go down Razz

Posts: 23504 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by sybo:
Loves us some Peets! Major Dickerson’s!

It's definitely good. Alongside Cameron's Scandinavian Blend, Peet's Major Dickason (yep, it's Dickason, not Dickinson or Dickerson) is one of my two go-to "everyday/mass-produced" coffees.

I tend to have one of those two on hand most of the time, and then mix it up with a more expensive bag of fancier smaller batch beans from other roasters once a month or so.

Been buying Peet's Major Dickason blend for several years and occasionally order a pound of another style from time to time as well. Usually try to time it for one of their 15 or 20% sales and get half dozen pounds at a time. Haven't seen many price changes for a while.

Posts: 1180 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
I've been buying Cafe Domingo K-Cups for the office for years.

Great morning coffee and not too much of a jolt with an afternoon cup too.

Posts: 4084 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
quote:
yep, it's Dickason

Oops! Duh!!

Posts: 6626 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Peet’s.

The wife is big on organic stuff, so I get Peet’s Organic Alameda Morning Blend.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6417 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Thanks for supporting Peets. Neither of you are in our distribution area but it still supports us indirectly. I may just have to have a Karma soon!

Looks like a lot of support for Peets here... maybe an SF group buy! Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13508 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big fan of Peet's, and Caribou's Holiday Roasts (aka Reindeer Blend for Caribou) here. I usually get at least four boxes of each when available.

Posts: 3225 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
Big fan of Peet's, and Caribou's Holiday Roasts (aka Reindeer Blend for Caribou) here. I usually get at least four boxes of each when available.

We just received a couple weeks ago several pallets of Caribou fall blend Pumpkin Spice. It sells extremely well and we could always sell more than what they allocate to us. Reindeer holiday blend is usually not far behind. Another extremely good seller. A little inside info. Caribou has about a 9 month shelf date on it. Peet’s is 90 days. No particular reason that I know of they are both packaged and vacuum sealed the same way. I think it’s kind of a calling card marketing thing for Peets. None the less they are both top shelf coffee products. Starbucks use to really give us a run for the money in our area and they made some public gaffes most of us here have heard about that hurt them. I’d say Cameron’s is our biggest competitor now.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8535 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
I am in total agreement with those who've stated they'd rather pay more than drink stale coffee. Life's too short!

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8530 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chbibc:
I am in total agreement with those who've stated they'd rather pay more than drink stale coffee. Life's too short!

Add me to that list!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16236 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I've never tried Peet's so I guess I should try some Major Dickason's?

Posts: 3461 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We see these kinds of warnings annually it seems.

Posts: 1925 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
quote:

Same here

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post