Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RIP Ollie Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Ollie lived the life most cats dream of. Thank you for giving him a good life. Hopefully when the pain subsides, you will do the same with another kitty.

Posts: 406 | Location: Kansas | Registered: August 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss.

ARman

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for the loss of your buddy, ridewv Frown He sounds like he was a heckuva cat.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Condolences on the loss of your pal Ollie.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
RIP Ollie.

You were a quite handsome cat.

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Indeed, a life well lived. So long, Ollie.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear of your loss.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I too believe he knew you gave him a great life, RIP Ollie.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
condolences. that's a rough one.

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about your loss. Our fur kids mean the world to us.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5681 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Be careful because sometimes they chose you and you have no say.
quote:
I already miss the little guy but I don't believe I'll get another cat.

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I am so very sorry for your loss.

R.I.P. Ollie.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
So very sorry, I think me and Ollie would've been good friends.

Posts: 1979 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
I truly thank all of you for the kind words and condolences because it does make me feel a little less sad knowing you have gone through the same thing.

Like all pets Ollie came with some "baggage":

It's easy to type this on my laptop now, sitting in my recliner without him trying to lay on it.

He never peed in the house other than in his litter box, to a fault. When hearing him scratching the door I'd often let him in to see him go to his litter box then back to the door to go outside again.

The weather strip on the lower side of the front door was shredded, I had to add a strip of wood in it's place. I can now remove the wood and replace it.

He loved laying on the floor and first shelf in the bathroom closet where towels and sheets were kept. I finally just let him lay on them and used the upper shelves. I can finally wash those on the lower shelf and floor now and put them back in use.

He could not be trusted around food and being a cat he could hop up most anywhere so if unattended my plate was never safe. Same with a glass of water, cats love helping themselves to a glass of water.

Ollie slept in the bathroom closet...... until I went to sleep. He then woke me up by hopping up on the bed and on my chest, or next to my neck, to sleep. I'd roll over so he laid along the back of my neck and get back to sleep..... for a while, until he shifted around.... then I did....on and on.

Traveling involved finding someone to "tend" him every day or two.

Nevertheless I'd gladly take the above and more to have him back.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7040 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
He'll be with you forever, know that.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
My condolences. I know it’s hard, but sounds like you and him had a special relationship.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
He'll be with you forever, know that.

Yes he will.

quote:
Originally posted by Sigfest:
My condolences. I know it’s hard, but sounds like you and him had a special relationship.

Thanks Sigfest. I previously had two other cats and while they were dear little animals and gave us joy they were..... well just cats. Oliver was a special little guy and I'm glad we had each other.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7040 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I understand your grief. When I lost Inky,my 20 year old companion and totally best friend,it was the end of the world.

My condolences on Ollie. He was such a good buddy to you.

Pleasure consider your decision to not get another cat. There are so many in shelters. You would discover another true friend.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss.

Jim

Posts: 1338 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss.

That's tough for sure.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Underdog,

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post